Looking at pocket carry

Hey all, looking for a pocketable (ie not bulky) edc light. AA or AAA (li ion capability would be ok), pocket clip, forward clicky tailcap, usable lumen range(50-80 lumen) if it has a moonlight mode(twisty head?) would be a plus and ok to wow! runtime. Is there such a beast?

Currently use an Olight i3 EOS and am fairly happy with it (although no tailcap switch and no mode memory), Rexlight 2.0(no clip, aggravating UI) Fenix Lsomethinoranother with a rare extra batt tube converting AA to CR123 (I should carry this more ) and a lowly Streamlight Microstream (one mode & crummy dual use clip- with a sturdy clip this could do-all edc wise).
What can the forum recommend?
tia

The Olight i3s has the perfect UI i.m.o. (starts in medium)
And i have never lost the twisty head.
It runs a long time on an Eneloop ‘pro’ too.
But it has an XP-G2 with ugly tint and the anodization wears off too easily…

Maybe you should look for the KLARUS MI7 (14500 / AA) deal-thread, but it has no clip.

Manker E11 ?

Welcome to forum carcass. Also try the search function at top left corner of page. For example, https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/41967
comes up when entering Best AA AAA light
Enjoy!

Olight S1A…. small, bright on AA with very good turbo mode on a 14500

I’ll second the Olight S1A and Manker E11. Have both, they certainly fill the role quite well. I tend to carry the Olight more, mainly because I fancy the magnet in the tailcap, I personally find it quite usefull.

I suggested it because I have a S15R and really like it. (The R= rechargeable on a dock) I would like to see an S1AR. The new model is smaller and has more lumens the higher output w/14500. The fact that it can operate on a AA or a 14500 is a bonus.

if you want a tail clicky, you may like lumintoop tool. the current price is good.

Take a look at Thrunite T10 (1xAA) and especially Thrunite Ti5 (1xAAA) as it fulfils all your requirements and have neutral tint option XP-L even. Don’t know what level on moonlight you want because Thrunites are on the lowest side - those modes are called firefly for a reason - on the Ti5 it’s just 0,08lm (mfg specs) and on T10 - 0,2lm.

Jetbeam II MK , I think thats what it is called. AA or 14500 flashlight with pocket clip, twisty with 3 modes. I got mine for around $12.

Thanks All! Gave me quite a few options and I spent several hours mulling the choices over. I did go with the Jet-I MK and Jet µ contrary to my prerequisite "tail clicky". The pricing per feature was too good @23USD for both. Now for the (hopefully) short wait.

Generally, the anticipation waiting for a light to arrive, results in ordering more lights. Welcome to the addiction.

LOL! t’ja! After a dozen plus years on forums, I have as many addictions. It IS the anticipation that seems to get me. I went budget thinking “if I lose it, I won’t feel so bad” but I also know that I’ll keep buying more until I get that grail light. I’ve never lost a light…git mah drift? Feeding that addiction is part of the experience. Next stop “Park Place” … :face_with_monocle:

XTAR WK50 pretty much fits the bill exactly.

https://www.amazon.com/XTAR-WK50-Flashlight-Waterproof-Battery/dp/B018VRBA8O/

AA, moonlight, fwd clicky tailcap, 4 modes w/ memory (f/l/m/h), etc.

And if you don’t mind it being pink it’s only $7 on their ebay store.

SMM

Thrunite Archer 1A V3 if you dont mind the size.