Looking for 20 Torch bodies

Hi Guys
Looking for some help I need 20 torch bodies for a commercial customer build, I want to use our Quad 20mm TPADs with Carclo 10621, and will mount with 390-400nm Semileds, I need head, body, driver, batteries switch etc, something that can all snap together pretty simply, possible??
Cheers
Mark

Convoy M2 with custom spacer.
Or any P60 host with quad shell.

Hi Mark,

A little advice: you might want to reconsider your plan of using 390-400nm LEDs in combination with that lens. As far as I know the Carclo 10621 is made of polycarbonate, which is prone to yellowing when exposed to UV-radiation.

Quote from LEDiL installation guide:

“PC
Good for applications that require higher impact resistance, but will show noticeable yellowing
overtime when exposed to UV-radiation. Therefore LEDiL does not recommend to use products
made out of PC in applications where exposure to UV-radiation is high. To avoid yellowing special
filtering glasses can be used to block out all the damaging UV from the sunlight. After a very
long period of time ultraviolet light may also cause some brittleness on the material and LEDiL
recommends to use plastic washers with fasteners to decrease mechanical stresses.”

I’m sure Carclo mentions this somewhere, but LEDiL’s documentation is much better since it’s much more detailed IMHO.

I would suggest using a lens made of PMMA/Plexiglas instead. However, I’m not aware of one that would fit your quad MCPCB. Maybe take a look at LEDiL’s Satu series (C11916_SATU-S for example) in combination with a triple MCPCB.

Cheers
Matt

Gorilla glass or sapphire TIR will be best :heart_eyes:

In addition, if you are planning on UV builds, the Carclo optics filter out the UV, and would only pass the visible light. This was tested by djozz here:

Ledil Rose series works for UV but they are single LED TIR, it is square but after filing corners it will fit inside P60 head.
With that you can just use reflector.

I guess you are trying to fit a lot of power into small flashlight.
How much power do you actually need?
How narrow beam?

Look at LedEngin leds, they have some powerful stuff.
LZC-00UB00 for example has about 18W or radiant flux as opposed to less than 1W for Semiled. Its big though.
http://www.ledengin.com/files/products/LZC/LZC-00UB00.pdf

Smaller one LZ4-00UB00 outputs few W, still more than 4 Semileds.
http://www.ledengin.com/files/products/LZ4/LZ4-00UB00.pdf

Yes, anything with silicone works too.

welight is wanting to use the DTP Quad mentioned in the OP.