Looking for a AA/14500 light for EDC

Thanks. So would you classify UT01’s beam pattern as more of a flood then? Or somewhere between a flood and a throw?

I ordered the Utorch UT01 from Gearbest. I like Klarus lights and I wanted to order the Mi7 but I just couldn’t get past the mode spacing.

I also am going to order the Olight magnetic charger to supplement my Nitecore D4. That magnetic charger is the ultimate in portability. Thanks for sharing that Kramer.

There is a public code for the Utorch that knocks off a few more dollars. It can be found here:

Utorch code

Now I just need to order a couple of the Efest high drain 14500 batteries and I will be GTG.

Thanks for the suggestions and input .

Bob

I dunno. Short range thrower? Long range flooder? :smiley:

Jetbeam lists range for the Jet-1 as 130m. I haven’t seen UTorch’s claim, but Gearbest says 50-100m beam distance for the UT01.

For me, since I carry the T01 specifically for throw, my purpose for carrying the UT01 is for close area light, so flood. I’m thinking about adding diffusion film to the front of it. As it comes out of the box, I’d say it suits most of my EDC needs.

Hope that muddied up the waters for you. :wink:

Yep, pushed me over the edge. :smiley:

I see the TI Mi7 in my future as well. We’ll see. They are like potato chips; can’t have just one.

Bob

Someone the other day was asking about the UT01 / E11 firefly mode. After directly comparing with my Quark AAT and Thrunite TH20 head lamp, the UT01/E11 “firefly” mode is considerably brighter than either. My modded AAT is around ~.6L and the stock TH20 is .3L. If I had to take a guess the UT01/E11 lowest low mode is around 1.5~2L. It is so floody though, its pretty much a non-issue for me as it really doesn’t affect my night vision.

Sounds like it will be about perfect for me. It will probably be just enough for me to read without disturbing my wife with a bright light.

Thanks for all of your posts and contributions to this thread.

Bob

I like both of those lights, have contemplated getting them. However, I’ve read they both use PWM at lower levels.

That’s one of the reasons I bought the Utorch UT01.

Bob

I’m guessing the Utorch UT01 is the same as a Manker E11 but just with a different label

And little lower price.

Bob

they are identical outside of a few very minor cosmetic differences…

they use the same E11 driver…