Looking for a budget headlamp for wifey

Hello everyone. My wife like to read books and crochet neat stuff for the family. She would like a headlamp light source. She has a worn out Brinkman that uses AA batteries but does not care for it much. The light needed to be for close work so flood is more important than throw. It also does not need to be 5000 lumins. Thanks for the ideas and help.

I was in Walmart today and noticed that their offerings have increased considerably. For low power lamps there are all sorts of budget avenues.

What is it that the boss does not like about her Brinkman? Too heavy? Too large? Not enough flood? Also...what is the budget for a budget headlamp? Those questions should help with any suggestions.

She says that when she moves orbturns her head the light will flicker, dim, or turn off. That is the main issue with it. The battery holder is plastic with plastic end cap that does this 1/4 turn thing and does not thread down.

Can you shoot a pic of it? Does it hold 1AA or 2AA? What are we calling budget? I am thinking $10=$20 but Fenix has some cool stuff out that goes beyond that.

Edit: Walmart is still a good bet because if it does not fit her needs she can return it PLUS she can look at the rack and see what she may like.

See post

Xtar H2

I put RMM’s 219C emitter in both and added the DC-Fix to the lens now I have two easy on the eyes hi CRI floody work lights for less then one ZL.

We are on slow and data capped satelite internet so uploading a pic may take a while. The light has a 3xAAA battery holder with two metal pins that line up in a circuit board and the other end is just a plastic holder. The 1/4 turn plastic end cap for the battery compartment is just for looks. The light has three modes. Press once you get the center led. Press twice all five leds light. Press three time and all five leds flash.

OMG thoes tiny blue LEDs for up close work? She deserves better!

you may want to check out Zebraight, Petzl, and Skilhunt (headlights) see what you think about the NW Neutral White, and high CRI versions.

Don't have a specific headlight suggestion, but you may want to put a Nichia 219A emitter (One with 92 CRI) in what every you decide upon. It will give her a lovely Neutral tint and she will be able to see colors well. Once she tries it. She won't look back.

Nitecore HA20 is a 2x AA headlamp—not very cheap, but…

Thrunite TH10 has a nice NW version and nice low modes
http://www.illumn.com/headlamps/thrunite-th10-xm-l2-750-lumens-neutral-white.html

Then I would not worry about a pic ;)

I am assuming that the wife wants something small and light to avoid fatigue. Now..if weight was not an issue..there are other avenues. :)

I had this crelant ch-10 on my list for a longer period:

20$ And reasonable quality, one cons is that it needs to be used frequently because the momentary switch lights always have parasitic drain so if you use it only every third month the battery is probably empty.

But now i have a simple headband in which I put a tubestyllamp:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009326/1825601-nitecore-hb02-elastic-nylon-headband

I also have one of the very cheap zoomie headlamps with the red LED in the battery case, driven by3xAAA. for close up work and considered the 5$ price it’s very good, a lot better than the cheap 5mm LeD headlamps.

I saw a few at home depot yesterday that looked very interesting.

The coast hl7 and hl50

And the rayovac indestructible 3 aaa

I have a lot of collection,and I like petty flashlight,but I don’t have headlamp,maybe you can surf on ebay.

whould this be any good? it’s is not the cheapest headlamp.

JETBeam H10A
120lm on a AA
or 320lm on a 14500 Li-ion

Brightness can adjust smoothly up or down upon keep pressing the cap when power on.

JETBeam H10A

the yellow/orange filter is the kind we use for our regular late evening light (cured our insomnia — mostly a problem for older people and babies more sensitive to blue light)

http://www.readinglight.com/![](http://readinglight.com/cgi-exec/store/genpages/images/BNR-Needlecraft.5.jpg)

Big advantage — you can look someone in the eye without shining the light in their eyes at the same time.

More: led reading light knitting - Google Search