Looking for a charger that can do the following:

Hi guys

I'm looking for a charger that can do the following:

- fit the following battery types: 18350, 18650, 26650

- charge batteries independently at 1A each

- charge 4 batteries simultaneously

- use the proper CC/CV charging algorithm and have a resting battery voltage of ±4.2V

- discharge batteries independently at 0.5 - 1A

- display discharged capacity

- [optional] measure internal resistance of battery

I know that what I'm looking for in a charger will probably only be met by a hobby charger. But hobby chargers are so bulky and big, and you have all these wires and battery containers. I want the convenience of a single compact unit that can do it all. I really like the look of the Xtar VP1, ThruNite MCC-4 and Efest LUC V4, but none of them have discharge capability. When I read the HJK's review of the Opus BT-C2000 I thought my prayers were answered, but then I realized it doesn't support lithium-ion. All I want is a Opus BT-C2000 with lithium-ion support :-(

Do anyone know of such a charge either available or in the pipeline?

Thank you very much

join here, and keep on dreaming POLL: Your favorite Chinese knife? :smiley:

Buy 4 hobby chargers.

What about a 4 channel hobby charger (They exist and are not that expensive, check HobbyKing).

It looks like there is a couple of analyzing chargers on the way for LiIon.

Hey HKJ, do you know of anything concrete in the near future? Should I rather wait and hold out till the new products are released and you've tested them? :)

I have seen a few pictures on the internet of some analyzing LiIon chargers and there is a thread on BLF about one.

But when we can get them and how good they are, is undefined at the current time.

It might easily be months before they are available and then it takes some time before I get one and review it. I cannot say if it is a good idea to wait or not, that depends on how much you need it.

Can we get an update on this thread. Where do we stand with a charger that fits the criteria listed?

Until now I have tested 3 analyzing LiIon chargers:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Basen%20S2%20UK.html

Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 Software V2 (New version/review in a week)

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20LiitoKala%20Lii-260%20UK.html