Looking for a cheap, BRIGHT 18650 flashlight. Suggestions?

That is garbage, brother. But for the price… iunno, maybe you could use it as a host in your first modding attempts. [shrug]

It’s going to be a light thrown in a car that barely gets driven. I’m sure it’ll easily be worth $1.76

Not if it has some nasty parasitic drain. You could store it with the cap unscrewed, i guess…

I bought 6 of those in black for $7.50 delivered about a year ago :person_facepalming:
They truly are the worst quality lights I have ever bought, but fortunately that is what I expected for the money.
The claimed 3000 lumens is really about 200 lumens & they have an awful blue tint from the fake emitter (some sort of latticebright as opposed to the advertised Cree).
When they get warm the zoom head becomes so loose that it slides in & out on it”s own :slight_smile:
They cannot be locked out by unscrewing the tail cap but then again there is no parasitic drain so that is not a problem.
I too bought them to toss in my car & camper van & a couple round the house.
I have just bought some of these for the same use after a good review of them on here http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_604347.html
Brilliant little light for the money with some really nice features (the supplied cells are rubbish though).
Review here Review:No name USB charging nice quality flashlight
:+1:

To buy this or burn the money is the same.
Here is my cheap car solution:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10007327/1611504-sipik-sk-68-1-led-1-mode-150lm-neutral-white-led

I’m ruminating the same thing… I need an 18650 light. SIDE switch. It will be mounted via the tail cap. A screw hidden under the spring…
I’ve used SC600’s but that is PRICEY… Considering the Olight S20….The lower the price of the finished snake light, the easier to sell at work.
And I am selling at cost… Most guy won’t want one that totals up to $100+ …But they do love the functionality…
My only out of pocket costs are light, battery and magnet……

There are several lights with a camera thread for mounting
Klarus XT12GT for example
around 62$ with coupon

Thanks…But we are getting into the sc600 range…Ive bought a bunch of those over the last couple years for $60 or so second hand…
Maybe the S20 wont be so bad…Havent had one before…

> camera thread

Also referred to hereabouts as the “Nut light”: site:budgetlightforum.com "nut light"” - Google Search

hahahah to bring back the B in BLF!
got two of these, though payed more, not so nice but heck for less then $2 still a nice deal

Dood! That’s sacrilege!

That’s like walking into a synagogue and telling everyone there, “Hey, how can I become a Jew? I don’t care about the religion, I just like those cute little hats!”.

:person_facepalming:

Assuming you want off-the-rack and not DIY, a Convoy tubelight like a S2+ will work. Something more throwy, go for a C8.

A SkyWolfEye? Definitely a quality product. <snicker>

And when the light spontaneously bursts into flames, the car will be driven even less. <cackle>

Ha! Just having some fun at SWE’s expense…

You guys are acting like I’m expecting anything other than functionality for $1.76.

I literally wanted the ABSOLUTE cheapest 18650 light. I found it. I’ll use my Surefires, Klarus, Fenix 99% of the time but for $1.76 to see how the cheapest light works, I’ll play that game.

For $1.76 go for it. Having fun and experimenting is the best part. I do the same thing .

Hey, I hear ya, and was just funnin’ with ya, but…

I used to think like that, but after getting enough free 9-LED 3×AAA tubelights, thinking I could just pull the LED board and use them as marker-lights or DRLs on my bike, making little lights for the cats outside, etc., I came to realise it’s not worth the effort. Sometimes junk is just junk.

And buying junk only encourages them to crank out even more junk.

+1 some of my favorite lights are sub $10 and my favorite batteries are freebies from laptop pulls :slight_smile:

That is SO true :smiley:

That’s true. Let’s stop buying junk.

> Philip Smith
You sure like recommending that Tank007 brand. Tried anything competitive?
http://budgetlightforum.com/user/15292/my-posts