Looking for a cheap flooder (Tn36 or MM15 clone...)

Hi all,

hope this forum is for buying advice, too.

I´d like to buy a true short range flooder, the Thrunite TN36 or Meteor M43 or Niwalker MM15/18 being the “prime” species of they kind here. But they all are so utterly expensive and I don´t really seem to find out why. They all use 3 or 4 18650 plus a driver, a very shallow and easy to build reflector to get a maximum flood out of the 2 or 3 LEDs.

Of course I do now all this China lumen monsters like the SkyRay King and all the clones, but they all seem to have a focus on throw and not flood, with each of the 5-9 emitters in it´s own little reflector. PLUS it seems that 80% of those are now equipped with fake latticebright LED instead of the cree originals.

It should not be so hard to build a tn36 clone with around 4000 real lumens from 3 or 4 18650s, of course probably not with XHP70 LEDs, but with cheaper ones like the XM-L or XP-L emitters. But it seems I´ve never seen one in those chinese sites.

Or did I overlook something?

Thanks,
K.

click
~$60 (incl shipping, maybe extra €32 tax/administration fees)
But exactly what you want.

And if you accept a lot of throw and longer housing, click

~€37 shipped no taxes S50, real nice light.

The Miller is spot on with his recommendation on the M6, especially the RMM upgraded versions. My RMM M6 mod-2 is nothing short of fantastic. Another option is the Olight SR Mini II, 3200 lumems of flood. True short range flooder and small enough to squeeze into a pocket. I cant speak to the S50…yet.

For $50 the X5/X6 Kronos ALU set
For €37 ~$41 the S50
3 18650 ($16 for 4 Panasonic’s)
1 14500 (+/-$7 for a quality one)
A good charger and I like my Liitokala Lii300 dual bay since it tests capacity and internal resistance good to choose two cells for the series S50)~$17
Throw in a Cometa for $40 for cool zooming action.
A strap to use the X6 or X5 as headlight ~$5
A strap to use either on bikes ~$1

Sorry chaps, we are done
$176 and this German BLF-er (and almost everybody has all flashlight needs for filled.
Make a sticky out of it the holy grail is found :stuck_out_tongue:

OP
The supfire is exactly what you want stock. However pm me for a tip to avoid taxes and thus minimum extra payment of €32 (~$36) that cannot be posted openly.

First keep in mind that the smaller the reflectors the floodier the light will be. So these SRK’s with a lot of emitters are very floody. Of course it’s hard to find any that are going to be good ones for sure.

One of the most often overlooked lights is the Warrior. It’s a great flooder. You can find them labeled Fandyfire or Black Shadow. Same lights.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1648/10005041/1395406-fandyfire-yl-u2-3-cree-xm-l-u2-5-mode-2200-lumen

Interesting, seen more FandyFire flash by while browsing
This is not one of the bad *fire brands?

Or, maybe, this:

https://www.fasttech.com/product/1079200-trustfire-tr-3t6-cree-xm-l-t6-5-mode-3800lm-memory

See Robo819’s video beamshots @ the 1:40 minute mark.

His shots of the S50 follow…

…Or, just purchase a Thrunite TN Mini-30…
…Or, Nitecore TM06S…

Using matte scotch tape over glass does wonders. I have it on most of my lights, the ones that I actually use :slight_smile: Creates really nice and usable flood light.

Fandyfire is the same company as Black Shadow. I have bought a bunch of lights directly from their factory rep on Alibaba. Their lights are all decent quality. Black Shadow generally is more expensive and sometimes does have the newer emitters vs Fandyfire.

By the way the Warrior driver is very easy to mod. There are three sense resistors that you can simply “bridge” either by putting a solder blob over it, or using a small piece of copper wire. This gives you near direct drive though, so you will need to put the emitters on noctigons. What I like about the warrior is that it’s a little smaller than the SRK and it has a nice Ramping/dimming driver UI. It also has a solid shelf so no worries about the “pill”. Much higher quality than any of the new SRK’s by far. In a lot of ways it’s like the Supfire SRK only a little smaller and it has a better stock driver.

I have modded about a dozen of those 3x trustfires and they are actually pretty nice, especially for the money. I have one right here in front of me that I added about a half pound of heatsinking to. It’s run on one high amp 18650 and has three XPL emitters in it and a BLF DD FET driver. Small enough to fit in a coat pocket and puts out over 4,000 lumens easy, all flood. It’s for sale by the way.

Warrior

I agree. One of my favorite lights. Can run on 1,2 or 3 batteries. I highly recommend!

The first prices I see aren’t cheap.

OK guys,

thanks a lot for your input so far, really appreciate it !

I probably should have added that I already own quite a number of flashlight,s the Klarus G30 being one of them.
It´s very nice and quite floody, but I´d like to have something with even more power and a much broader light emmission like the TM36 offers to light up my entire front yard. The Supfire M6 mod-2 looks promising, but firstly it does not seem to be available anywhere and secondly it also looks rather spotty with the 3 LED each in it´s own deep reflector.

The S50 might be a great light on a budget, but it´s mainly a thrower and I already ordered one (Convoy L2 XP-L Hi).

The Olights, Nitecore TM06S or Tn30 mini are simply over my budget!

Sounds interesting! Can you PM me for more details?

Regards,
K.

You might look at the following thread, Trustfire TR-3T6 versus Trustfire J18. It has some beamshots comparing 3T6 with the SRK. The 3T6 seems to be quite a bit floodier. The J18 with 7 XML T6 should be a whole lot floodier. There are lots of threads on J18 mods.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_227460.html