Looking for a FLOOD, not a thrower. Recommendations?

What about the new Astrolux MF01S?

:BEER:

- SAM -

The Q8 only has throw because of brute force. If you’re really going for more flood than that, you’re gonna have to take a look at the Olight Marauder lineup.

Noctigon m43 and swap out the triple optics for floody ones.

Thanks for the comments so far. Not a modder, need something off the shelf.

What size field of view and at what distance are you trying to illuminate and what specifically are you trying to see?

As an example, my quad Emisar D4 with Nichia 219Cs can illuminate a 100* FOV at about 60yds/55M, enough so to clearly see my dad’s black lab up against a wall of ivy/vines.

Do you need more?

Chris

The MF01 is VERY interesting.
BUT, which chip to get? What is the difference between the XP-G3 and the 219c?

Get thyself some diffusion film, and rejoice in the flood.

And where does one find that?
Remember, I am not as totally into this as a lot of the members.

DCFix window film at home Depot.

OK, they have a ton of different ones.
Which works for our flashlights?

[Quote]Which works for our flashlights?
[/quote]

The milky/sand version.

My local Home Depot shows 10 in stock.
So I took a ride over and of course they could not find it!
I put a paper towel in front of the Q8. Of course that blocks a lot of light, but voila! Flood.
I will try another HD tomorrow.

Is heat a problem with this stuff? Will it melt or burn on a high power torch?

I think you’l find the torch freaks (us) on here have tried it on most lamps.
and wouldn’t be offering the suggestion on the ones you looking at
if they didn’t think it safe.

Cree tend to be a white… light.
Whereas Nichia 291B/C etc.
Tend to be not so bright in output.
But a much more natural.Nicer light to look at.

Thrunite TN50

I found some of the film at HD. They only had the static cling type, but it seems to stay on. WOW. Exactly what I was after.
My BLF SP36 showed up today.
In daylight inside testing, it appears to be very floody, but I will know more after dark. It does not have a well defined hot spot. I like it.

A Fenix TK35UE should put a big smile on your face

I need to check my local Home Depot for DC-Fix.

Edited to add: My local stores don’t have any in stock - would have to order. Only large sheets, anyway. So I’ll likely order some from Boaz.

I’m not sure what’re the equivalents to what Boaz sells, but yeah, “milky” is best for the most diffusion. The “original” (#1?) is good, but not as thorough as “milky” (#7?).

I had to cover up a peekaboo window and got a roll of “snow” by mistake. Patterned, little wisps of, well, snowlike thingies.

Tried it on some lights, diffuses fine, but leaves those wispy artifacts around the edges of the beam. Got “milky” later, just for s&g, and it’s perfect. Dunno “sand”, will try looking for it later to see, if I remember.

A whole roll is like a lifetime supply, even if you diffused every single light you got.