Looking for a new soldering iron/station

I picked up a Quicko’ 942 controller from AE back in January and have used it a lot. Like $25 shipped. You do need a minimum 18V 4A power supply with a 5.5mm barrel connector like from a laptop. I don’t recommend being the cheap Chinese ones as they’re dodgy and can be unsafe and not worth as well. I use a 19.5v 4.5A HP adapter (90W).Heats up to 300C in like 10 seconds, you can tweak the settings for stand by where it drops the temp to 150C until you move the handpiece. It had a good duty cycle, recovers fast when soldering mcpcb or thick wires or solid copper parts, and you can change tips. Takes Hakko T12 so you have an endless variety of tip sizes and shape. Replacements are cheap too.

TQ Lexel informed me these… :+1:

I use a TS80, very happy with it, bought with the full accessory kit (power supply). I like small stuff.

I bought the little leather case for it,

and this tip cleaner

Absolutely. Here’s my setup. TS100, 3 tips, 2 different types of stands, and some .5mm solder wrapped around a small screwdriver. All fits in this case i found on Amazon.

My laptop power supply is compatible, so I don’t have to carry a separate unit.

I used 2 self-made brackets to marry my KSGER stations, it is still smaller and a lot lighter than one Weller station

old and new MCPCB soldering tip, the flat one still works best in an assembled light where you cant get in a 45° angle to it

Reviving this thread as the purchase was not a top priority for me at that time. Now i reconsidered my preferences and Im leaning to the types with integrated heating element, T12 style. Is among those KSGERs or Queckoo any model that you would recommend in particular? There are many types which look almost identical, wondering if there is any significant difference.

Main differences are price and some have built in power supplies and some have just the controller unit. I recommend the ones without the built in power supply because they may be cheap, underpowered, and can be dangerous (not certified, tested, etc). You’re better off getting a quality Dell, HP, or Lenovo laptop power supply rated for 90 watts 19.5v and 4.5 amps minimum. It just needs the 5.5mmx2.1mmmm connector.

I did some digging in the depths of internet, the differences can be found explained HERE, for those interested.

Gotta love those chinese item descriptions :confounded: