Looking for a newbie friendly small flashlight

Hey guys!

I’m looking for a flashlight for my father. I wont say much - here’s the expected specs:

- throwy

- 1x 18650 / 21700 / 26650

- small (around the size of a Nitecore MH20 or a bit bigger)

- simple UI

- a fitting holster would be a big plus

- should have some safety features (reverse polarity; lockout by mode or at least by loosening the tailcap a little)

- no build-in cell

• bright! :smiley:

I would love to hear some suggestions! Thanks in advance

Sofirn SC31. Great muggle light.

You can grab generic holsters for a buk or two.

The ’31 has a nice stiff clip anyway. Ain’t crazy about the looks, but it grips for dear life and does the job well.

Oh I didn’t know build-in cells are still a thing. My father got a Folomov charger from me. He has to carry a second cell because he needs to use the light alot during his job.

I forgot to add that, I’m sorry.

But thanks!

@passiz69, I would recommend the Convoy S2+ SST-20 from the Convoy store, directly from the manufacturer on Aliexpress.

It has excellent color rendition, which is crucial for jobs, a simple tailswitch UI, 18650 support, low voltage and reverse polarity protection.

And since the SST-20 is quite small, the light will actually be quite throwy.

The UI is Biscotti, which you can customize to be very simple.

Set it once, and you are set for life.

Before buying the light, just send a message with your username, saying that you come from BLF. He will also give you a 15% discount if you do so :slight_smile:

@ BlueSwordM

This one will get into the tighter decision! Just gotta ask my dad tomorrow if a tail switch fits his benefits.

Wellp, it’s nice of Simon to offer that, but not once did I ever ask him for the blf discount. Unlike most Big Companies, he’s essentially a one-man shop, and does this to put food on his plate. Plus, I asked if he sold S2+ pills separately, as I’d like to buy some but didn’t see any in his AX store, and he was nice enough to throw in 3 freebies for me.

I just call it The Tip Jar™.

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread…

If the Convoy S2+ isn’t throwy enough the Thorfire C8S is pretty simple 4 modes low - high. No blinky modes.
It’s a little thicker but I think it’s worth it if he needs to reach out.

Emisar D1

It checks all your boxes except having a holster - which your father won’t need. Pocketable.

Throws past 400 meters yet has good light close in. Great for walking at night. Easiest UI: fast ramping. Half the price of a Nitecore MH20. Brighter.

I’m a dad. If my son gave me one of these, I’d be impressed.

What will he be using it for mostly on his job? That might make a difference as to recommendations….

Last week I ordered the Convoy S2+ configured as BlueSwordM recommended. If I’m not mistaken, Simon also offers holsters on his Aliexpress store.

I only ask for the discount because my currency is horrendously undervalued compared to the US dollar, and so even an S2+ costs the same as a supermarket’s cartload to last the entire month. 15% off is what makes them affordable.

Sorry for not being active lately.

Well he’s a “building guard” and has to check if all the windows are closed by walking around outside of some bigger buildings (for example).