Looking for a practical powerhouse.

Hi everyone. I’m looking to pick up a new flashlight and am looking for suggestions. I currently have a trustfire j12 and want to get something with more power to it. I am looking for a good mixture of throw and flood, I don’t have a lot of knowledge with super powered led flashlights. I was considering getting a thrunite tn 36 ut, I’m little concerned about the heat it creates on its highest setting so I’m not sure it is the light for me. I would like to use it for when I take my dog out, I have woods surrounding my yard and have a lot of critters that come into my yard every night, I would like the light to be bright enough not only to scare but as a defense in case it’s needed. I’d like something 4000 lumens or brighter and have a budget of 200, but prefer less, also something that could be used for more than a minute on highest setting. Size not a big concern as long as its no bigger than a 3d cell mag light. Thanks for any suggestions.

Nick

Lumintop SD75? Ask for a code! Acebeam K40M or K60.

Might want to consider this from Mountain Electronics:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=250

go with ‘option 2’

get (4) nice cells while you’re there. Looking at ~ $120. Puts out over 4000 lumens. E-mail Richard if you have any questions. Do a search on this excellent offering.

Thanks a bunch for the quick replies. That supfire looks great, something I’ll keep in mind. Those acebeams look hardcore, though I may be wrong they may have too much throw at the expense of flood for what I’m looking for, I’ll have to look at some video reviews on both. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

There is also the group buy I have going at the moment.

Video review on the older model with stock driver and dedomed XM-L U2 below:

I thought these 400M beamshots were enlightening. (400M is a considerable distance!) I found the first set, showing the beam profiles from the side view, to be the most interesting.

Reference: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?380431-Eagletac-MX25L3-vs-SX25L3-comparison&p=4376236&viewfull=1#post4376236

Note: If you size your window such that both photos are visible simultaneously, you can better judge what is going on. The timing of the slideshows are synched to each flashlight. :wink:

It’s more of a wall of light than throw! U should see beamshots! Review: AceBeam K40M MT-G2/3*18650 Flashlight
NEW Acebeam K40M. Beamshots. Review to follow...

I am still a fan of the Nitecore P36.

Not huge (typically a plus), excellent tint, plenty of throw (for non farmers/ranchers), plenty of flood (MT-G2), always just the right output 10 fast settings, and can be put in a back pocket if you just want have it available for later.

Is there a perfect light?

As time goes on I find the P36 is more then I need almost always.

Oh btw it can bbe had here http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1107596-REG/nitecore_p36_led_flashlight.html?gclid=CKO2pMHg3MgCFcdffgod5g8NDw for less then half your budget (or get two)

Also check with M4D MAX to see if Neal can make you a deal (M4D MAX came through for me).

Nitecore TM16. Can b had around $120 with discount codes or during flash sale. If not, can always pm M4D M4X for Banggood discount code.
4000 lumens of light, with just the right balance of flood and throw, which is up to 700m.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I think I’m going with the nitecore tm16

Check with Dazed1 on his Group Buy:

He might be able to save you some money. :crown: