Looking for alternatives/comparables to this EDC light...

So I am looking to get my father an EDC torch for father’s day, and I am looking for some alternatives/comparables to the Nitecore MH20 before pulling the trigger.

List of MH20 features that are a must-have:

-USB charging (he is a property manager, so he needs to be able to recharge it in the car at any given moment)

Things that are nice about the MH20 for our application, but aren’t necessarily a deal-breaker:

- Size (EDC)

- 800-1000 lumens

• Budget (this is ~$80, let’s say under $100)

I also am debating on whether to go with a torch that has an XM-L2 LED, or to try to find one with an XP-L light (I am kind of a stickler for going with the latest technology/greatest efficiency).

I have a feeling that you guys can probably rattle a handful of different models/brands oof the top of your head that I should look deeper into. I am also not afraid to go with a modded light, if there is a specific person/model you would recommend.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

For a 1x18650 light with USB charging, the MH20 is probably the best… and the newest … on the market.

FYI: XPL is basically just an XML2 die inside a smaller package. The beam profile, brightness, etc. are virtually identical to XML2.

The one that would be different is High-Intensity XPL, which is basically a dedomed XPL. Gives slightly less lumens but a lot more throw. However, High-Intensity XPL just came out and isn’t in the market yet. I think the only manufacturer who has announced lights with High-Intensity XPL is Eagletac.

Eagle Eyes flashlight are top quality,here is the one maby a little big for EDC but sure one of the best with USB charging. The price is 27-28 USD !!!

With your criteria, I think you already found a high quality light that matches what you are looking for. I’d consider the MH20 an excellent light for what you’re looking at.

Rechargeables - Rather than post links for everything you can see pics and specs at Banggood's site. All of these lights are good lights.

Olight S15R, S20R, S30R, R20, i7R (Olight is probably one of the best deals for rechargeable lights)

Fenix UC40UE, UC35

Nitecore MH10, MH12

Manker Rambler

Eagle Eye X6R

Another alternative is a 12VDC capable battery charger and an extra battery. The reason I am a big fan of this is because when you would need to recharge you just swap the battery and go about your business whereas the rechargeable lights tend to sit on charge rather than in your pocket when needed. JMO :)

I can’t believe its an 18650 light. It looks too small. Amazing.

I would stick to the MH20

Me too…

Olight S20 / Nitecore MH20 / Sunwayman C20C

I’d stick with the MH20 too. I don’t have one but from reviews its a torch I’d find very useful. Based on th OP requirements it seems an obvious choice.

This MH20 looks to be a similar footprint to a ~US$12 Small Sun ZY-T11, also using a 18650. Differences being the Small Sun uses a DC charging jack (old skool Nokia 3.5mm type), has no voltmeter, and uses a lower grade Cree XML emitter. Can expect some lower features given the substantially cheaper pricepoint.

Check out some good Small Sun ZY-T11 discussion at Mod: Small Sun ZY-T11 and ZY-T29 + overview and comparison