Looking for an 18650

I’m not sure if you guys get this a lot, but it looks like you guys know a lot about batteries. So i wanted to start a topic for myself and get some opinions. I don’t know a whole lot about these batteries but personally i’m looking for 2 things. High discharge rate 30A+ and the lowest internal resistance possible. I already have a few Sony VTC5s but i’m wondering if there is anything better than that. Hoping you guys can give me some info, thanks.

I would recommend the Efest imr18650. 2500 mAh and 35A rated discharge. It should have slightly lower resistance than the vtc5. It won’t be a ton better, though. The Sony is one of the best high discharge cells out there. Here is an excellent comprehensive review of the Efest:

You can buy it at mtnelectronics.com.

I will publish the Sony VTC5 soon (Test is finished), but I have a some other cells that has to be published first.

I came across a thread on reddit, I’m not sure if i can share links or not but it pretty much was an email from sony stating that the VTCs have been discontinued for years. i’m wondering if they said that for liability issues or if they have moved on to something better? Anyways we’re talking about continuous discharge right? is the efest a max 60a pulse just like the vtc5? nevermind that, obviously talking about continuous. But do you guys happen to know the internal resistance of the vtc5? i’m currently looking for info myself.

Go ahead and post the link. That's allowed here.

I doubt that, my VTC4 datasheet is revision 0.1 and dated 2012 and my VTC5 datasheet is revision 0.2 and dated 2013. That does not leave many years to discontinue the cells.

The original VTC cell has probably been discontinued for years.

Well that’s what i was thinking. i bought the vtc5 when they first became available. Reddit - Dive into anything