Looking for best 18650 thrower with zero spill.

https://omglumens.com/Home_Page.php

Yep, that's the place you want to go to. The only place that makes a thrower like you want. Seriously.

All the rest will disappoint.

Yeah….that’s it….sorta!! Guess the Fenix TK75 is out for me now! Gonna have to save up my pennies!! Is the hot spot square or round….I can’t tell from the pic on the web-site? I would also like a larger round hot-spot for a light that costs this much.Thanks,HB
EDIT Just got an e-mail from them and the hot spot is square. I have two of those already.

interressante nice topic :slight_smile:

what effect it gives when you samenbundeld some lasers with tape?
piece or 7-9 or more? with a glass globe and make an orange reflector?

should be a fun jet

Not sure about how many lumens….maybe around 2900 or so,if that’s going to get me a nice tight,bright,large round hot spot?.
Any particular recoil throwers you could name for me to check out….no junk and looking to spend maybe $300.00. Thanks, HB

K40vn? OMGLumens is WAY to expensive, for $150 you can get the k40vn which can throw 600+ yards easy. Dont see any need for more than 600-800 yards of throw since you wont know what you are throwing to haha

Always thought the Solarforce Masterpiece Pro 1 was one of the best pure throwers out there. May not have enough lumens for what you want though. I don’t know where you’d find one to buy either.

Thanks! HB

K40vn has a round hot spot. For $150 shipped you cant beat it. Id love to see a DEFT-X vs K40vn throwdown. Bet you the K40vn would give it a run for its money, easy! Plus for ~$900 vs $150 its a no brainer!

Best I can think of that might be closest would be a Shocker or J19 amp'ed way up with de-domed XP-G2's. Will do about 500 kcd, maybe higher in the Shocker, will have a fairly large round beam because of triple emitters, but certainly will have a decent amount of spill too, unfortunately, but not as much as domed emitters, and the XP-G2's will also cut down on the spill too.

I don't know what other optic technology with LED's is out there that would produce what you want.

How about furthest throwing single 18650 aspheric with adjustable beam?

Tuned Xsearcher

Hand selected and de domed XPG2 emitter on noctigon, only moderate driven at 3,6A, for 520KCD (1 out of 20 emitters came so bright, so now I understand Saabluster and some problems he had... He Had 200 KCD differences with some Deft X models, same emitter)

But even with lowest quality cool white dedomed XP-G2 it goes around 450 KCD.

Beam can be adjusted to be circular but expect lux drop depend how wide settings of beam you choose.

You can see how it looks fully focused in my picture profile.

It is strange but BLF does not allows me to put picture any more.

Recoil throwers still project a square die image when properly focused.

Check out “One Stop Throw Shop”, or wait and see what the new Fenix TK 61 can do when it comes out. There is a thread on CPF. But, one stop throw does asphericals that I’m sure are not the typical square.

Dereelight Xsearcher.

To be clear, it's not the recoil throwers that produce a square image. Recoil throwers, and aspherics, project an image of the LED die. If the die is square, the image is square. If the die is round, the image is round. The problem is that all of the current high output emitters have square (or squarish) dies. There are LEDs with round dies, but they're not what you'd call 'high output'. A slightly de-focused aspheric is probably the best you can do at this time.

In fact spill can be reduced in reflector flashlights. Tiablo has anti spill tube add on.

http://www.inovatech.co.uk/shop/Tiablo-A10-G-Anti-Spill-Tube.html

A Luminus sbt70 behind an aspheric might create the effect you are looking for. It might be a lot of work though!

http://www.luminus.com/products/SBT-70.html

Good idea but massively overpriced. It's a tube, come on.

What do you get when those are a series of tubes?

A TN31mb (OSTS) might be close to what your looking for. It still has some spill - all non aspherical lights will - but its minimal. MUCH less than a K40, TN31, or other popular throwers. The light does a very impressive job of throwing a tight spot at a distance with minimal spill.
It’s not cheap, but it’s an excellent quality choice for a dedicated thrower.

Could you not cut the die like DBC did to his MTG2? You would still have the lines through the die, but it would be a circle if its possible.