Looking for buck driver

FastTech also got a handful of XHP50/XHP70 drivers, like this 26mm 4000-4500mA 1-Mode Dimmable LED Driver Circuit Board for Flashlight DIY. The available information for them is quite scarce, though.

:-)

0kay, remembered this: TaskLED - Smart LED drivers

Not cheap, but looks like that people is probably suited to customize something special for Enderman.

Cheers :-)

My Buck drivers can handle that amount of current, the new 2x 47.5mm for MF01 can handle up to 15A
price 27€

the 80x65mm you got for CFT-90 with 3 Bucks equipped can handle 18A, just a little different component values to adjust it for 3S—>6V
price 30€

Just grabbed the .pdf for the critter and how most cheapie boards for it are designed (ie, voltage output).

The FB line is supposta be 0.6V, so the trimpot to set the output voltage is set accordingly.

But, you can use a sense resistor at the LED to give 0.6V at the desired current, and there’s your current-output instead of voltage-output. Just bring out the wiper/FB pin to sense the LED’s current.

The low-ohmage of the sense-resistor will pull down the voltage at the FB pin iff there’s contact with the LED + sense-resistor part. Otherwise, with no connection, the output will float to the preset value via the trimpot.

Problem solved. :smiley:

But 0.6V is a lot of sense voltage and thus heat and power losses. Also, how many modules? Because if he's aiming for 15+A that's gonna be dozens of them in parallel LoL… or did I missed something? :-D

Cheers ^:)

Originally posted on Mon, 08/06/2018 - 21:02. Edited for a fix.

Oh, thanks for letting me know.

Not enough current :frowning:

Those look like the best option so far, and no need to mod anything myself.
I’ll msg you when I get back from vacation to buy one or two :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone for helping out :smiley:

They’re 50¢ a pop, so even if 15A and they can deliver 2A(ish) each, that’s <3bux total.

Just to get started and see if it’s “good enough”, that’s a cheap investment.

They should current-share. As one starts hogging all the burden and maxes out, the next eager one should take over, then the next, and the next, etc.

Like I said, for 3bux worth of investment, why not give it a whirl?