Looking for cheap, smallish semi-thrower...

Slewflash, just the current fenix website TK41 spec.

Although it says 486m throw on the website, I guess that is not really the case, as the other guys on the website are not rating any of the throwers over 500m, from what I can tell. I would say from what I have seen with my own eyes/measurements the rating of the Fenix E50 is pretty accurate at 260m. Based on this, I assumed the TK41 would be similar in performance to what is specified with regards to distance, and be able to reach close to 500m.

After some reading on the forum, I am wondering if I should not try the small sun zy-t08, and perhaps try that resistor mod. I collect the lights for fun, my main use would be game spotting when visiting some of our National Parks.

Thanks

I was probably excited about the new C8…the DST is most likely a much better thrower. Sorry for the confusion.

When calculated to 1 lux, which is usually what most people can see to it is the square root of the candela, that’s all. that equals half the ANSI standard throw.

Is it for following the game, or searching for it? Following = less spill, searching = more spill.

I may get a C8 XM-L2 U3 from Aliexpress, or go all in and get a SWM D40A!
[/quote]

That’s a good one. Go all the way?
No such thing as go all the way for a flashaholic. There is no end so you can’t go all the way. Always something else to buy. Then when you think you have every light in the world that you want to buy, you decide you need more than one or a spare for all your favorites. You never knowwhen you might lose one of your babies. Lol