looking for flashlight, too much choice

currently i have a ultrafire C8 XM-L U2, but i want something with more light.
I prefer 18650, because i got several 18650’s for my C8

Can anyone suggest me some budget lights?

Hi there, I’m new here myself too :beer:
This is the Budget light forum so you have come to the right place, but it may be worth looking around the forums to answer your question.
I have read loads and made choices based on peoples reviews (who know wayyyy more than me), and of course what I need it to do, ie, throw a long way, spread loads of light or maybe a bit of both.
I’m sure people will answer your question, but I think you need to be a little more specific what you want to do with your new flashlight?
have fun!

Hi and welcome sandoz. What do you call budget, whats you battery preference and is size important?

Its just a general Flashlight. I want more Light then c8, with the same18650’s, as i got a charger andere several batteries
It would be Great if itcan produce a beam and act as flood light

My first budget light was a trustfire 3t6 with in theory 3x as much light as a c8. In real life about 2.5x as much. You can have one on ebay for <40 dollars. It uses 2 18650’s and it has a nice beam with a bit of throw.

Solarstorm T3 or T4

anymore tips?

I would go for a SkyRay King (-Clone) with 4 XM-L2
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SKYRAY-King-4xCree-XML2-3-Mode-3500LM-LED-flashlight-Torch-Black-4x18650/1825451486.html

Works with 1-4 18650
I have 4 Kings and I just love these lights.

My favorite light is the SkyRay King with the warm tint. I’ll see if I can find a link. Lately though I have read that there are poor quality clones of this light so you have to be careful. Maybe someone will chime in here and have a source for the real deal. … And welcome to BLF Sandoz :slight_smile:

Heh — posting at the same time as L4M4 …

Well that type of light will do the trick, i’ve red good stuff about SkyRay Kung M4 (here)
I have 3 led Skyray /mine is xm-l2/ but there is a big gamble of what will you get.
My Skyray arrived with wrong driver and no contact between LED’s and body, so i had to DIY cooling /hard stuff/ and then building a driver of my own /3* 8xAMC7135/, and… well it is not perfect fit but it puts out a ton of light
I’ve bought another one for a friend of mine and still got the wrong thing… /king instead of kung, and crappy cooling/
4x18650 is a good way to get a lot of light, just keep in mind that powering it is harder than adding 3milion emitters… 1 emitter should have at least a cell of his own!
Have looked at the SolarStorm because i am currently looking for something a bit smaller, but did not like the way it is turned on.

Hope i helped.

Edit: i bought this one today, since i hate the way output drops when my batteries drop from 4.2 to 3.7… i am currently looking for consistent output. Sure, SkyRay is WAY brighter.