looking for quality slower aa nimh chargers plus an analyzer for health/capacity

Well, you are a Peach.
Nothing wrong with Panasonic that I know of.

If that is what you want, RUN, don’t walk and get some.
Don’t like fans, fine, don’t buy them.
No salesman spend time on flashlight boards hawking $40 battery chargers.
Use your head, follow the money cause it ain’t here.

Peace out, good luck, done with you.

4 Thanks

Wow, this guy is even more stubborn than I am.
Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out that I’m mistaken, but I usually get there.
This post by SammyHP is really comprehensive on the subject, by the way. :grin:

Here’s a well respected review of the Vapcell charger, but it’s a long read.
If you scroll down to the very bottom, you can read a much shorter conclusion.
https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Vapcell%20S4%2B%20fast%20charger%20UK.html

By the way, do NOT use the Vapcell charger as a power bank.
The charger will destroy itself if you use it as a power bank.
It’s a great charger otherwise and SammyHP mentioned some other great chargers, too. :+1:

3 Thanks

Op
There is nothing wrong with you not liking our favorite candidate, but you just walked into a political convention not knowing what political affiliation the party was and asked who we were voting for. Instead of saying Oh I have never heard of your candidate and they do sound interesting. Let me do some research on them. But while I’m here, Is there any other candidates you like just so I know all the options.

You are telling us our candidate sucks and you would never vote for them under any circumstances and we must be profiting from our favorite candidate if we are recommending them.

That’s a rough way to get different opinions about other candidates.

People are going to be focused on getting you to consider our favorite candidate and not telling you about other options.

I do not have enough experience with any other modern chargers to recommend any.

2 Thanks

That is too bad for you. Maybe do some research before making up your mind.

Vapcell is well known brand by enthusiasts. They have been making chargers for many years. They make a range of very good chargers. They also have a range of very good cells. I think the name may have come from years ago when they catered to vapers, but they have come a long way. I have maybe 20 chargers. My S4+ V2 still gets lots of time. It has worked well for sveral years. As @raccoon mentioned, that charger is often recommended here when someone is looking for a good multipurpose charger. Vapcell has worked extensively with users to steadily improve their chargers. The S4 would do everything you asked for.

:+1:
I second that. If the OP has the cash, I would suggest the MC3000. But that may be eliminated from consideration due to him possibly having never heard of SkyRC…

I figured there had to be something interesting going on for this topic to have so many posts so quickly!

Have you read this member’s review of the BQ-CC17?
https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Panasonic%20BQ-CC17%20UK.html

2 Thanks

I’d never heard of that so I went and looked at it. Now I want one. :smiley:

2 Thanks

ISDT C4 Evo for more control over charging. Great for AAA and AA batteries.

Gyrfalcon S8000 for much more control. It’s a bit big.

This topic is senseless

You have no clue about chargers and trust Amazon reviews

You ask, you get answers from ppl who have experience and knowledge, you ignore them

Why you are here?

Konfuzius say: If you don´t want an answer why do you ask?

I think trying to help you is a waste of time

4 Thanks

The course of this topic was - unfortunately - obvious from its first post. Notwithstanding the excellent advice offered by senior members here which has obviously benefited some,

albeit not the OP.

ok, ordered the panasonic chargers based on reviews that said they are good. I noticed you push for these chinese brands. I dont know them. I dont know you all or the agenda you fight so hard to push those chinese brands but completely ignore my op about pansonic chargers. did look at the review site for the chargers you mentioned. not impressed.

also you dismissed my inquiry with pana chargers when the reviewer said its a good charger which make things more suspicious why you deflect.

so purchased 4 pana chargers from amazon and im still looking for an analyzer ill do some homework and decide. the problem with those I looked for with reviews are not accurate as they make it seem to be.

No one has an agenda. Most people around here use Vapcell or Xtar chargers and with good reason, hence the recommendations.

You came here to ask for advice and rejected it, which is your prerogative, although you could have been more polite about it. If you trust the reviews on Amazon and want to buy the Panasonic chargers, go ahead, enjoy them, hope they work out well for you.

There are some very knowledgeable people here, if what you’re looking for is just a confirmation echo chamber you would be better off looking at Amazon reviews and discounting the ones you don’t like.

1 Thank

Before I got my Vapcell chargers, I got a bunch of Nitecore chargers.
Although the Nitecore chargers are pretty decent, the Vapcell chargers are much nicer/better.
Many times, I, too, rely on Amazon reviews, but for flashlight related items, BLF members give excellent advice, and I trust the BLF community over Amazon reviews.
I mean, Amazon reviews can be very useful, but of course they’re not perfect.
Sometimes it’s better to find websites devoted to specific types of products than to go off of Amazon reviews.
Also, I find that reading a bunch of Amazon reviews is more useful than just looking at the average Amazon rating. :+1:

How hot is too hot for you? Be specific in degrees celsius.

Another vote for the Vapcell S4+, I’ve got one as my main charger, it’s good, just don’t use the USB output…

Dedicated 4 terminal internal resistance tester- the internal resistance readings from most analysing chargers are not accurate.

What brand/chemistry/format? And what do you mean burnt??

Vapex =/= Vapcell.

Your paranoia is amusing.

Do you know what the “t” in -dV/dt is?

Where do you think your Panasonic charger is made…?

On the topic of charge current:
This guy has tested the longevity of many nimh cells, testing is done at 1A charge rate… Some food for thought…

How do you know the chargers are at fault and not your cells? How old are the cells and how much use have they had? Do you keep sets “married” for use in devices?

1 Thank

I noticed instead that fast charge increase heat and resistance in small Ni-Mh like AAA, then total discharge current (mAh) can be lower than their nominal capacity.
Don’t know if that can affect also their impedance and life.

But I see often wrote on the battery label standard charging like 1/10 of battery capacity, mean a 800 mAh Cell should be charged at only 80 mA as standard current.
This look like exagerate low, but if manufacture did it maybe there are reasons

Mostly I see 0.5C as the recommended charge rate.
0.1C would be for dumb chargers that you just plug in and hope you pull the cells before you cook them to death.

+1 for the Vapcell S4+ or S4 V3.0. I charge my Ikea Laddas at 1A for AA and 0.5A for AAA. Always very consistent. Sometimes I have to jump start over discharged NiMH is a cheap NiMH charger first.

Have one these primitive chargers, 4 slots ~100 mA for each cell.
Based of a transformer, status Leds, rectifier bridge and limiting resistors. Lack even of a leveling capacitor

When I combined it with a mechanical timer it did the job

Even now manufacturers write low currents charge, despite the advent of electronic ones.
Maybe people still use the old dumb