Looking for recommendations on 1AAA light for keychain

I like the two Yezl S7's I got for $5.99 on HOURSECKILL. Of course, no telling when it will be offered again at that price.

http://wallbuys.com/Product/YEZL-S7-CREE-Q5-LED-370-Lumens-5-mode-SS-waterproof-high-power-mini-flashlight-AAA-10440--6196

I will wait for some sales, 40% and 66% off are good deals

ready to upgrade

I love the ThruNite TiS but they are glued. Not what you could call easy for most people to open.

One of mine was very hard to open. Its threadlocker does soften with heat but even with a 50W soldering iron pressed against the inside of the pill it would not open. Mini blowtorch might have done it but don’t want to risk the anodizing changing color. Had to cut slots into the pill to be able to apply the force needed to break the threadlocker. Another one was much easier but still took some heat and leverage on part of the pill that is easy to damage. Just clamping onto the pill wrapped in rubber or leather couldn’t provide enough leverage.

It does fit a noctigon without sanding its thickness down.

Red threadlocker.

Thanks for the heads up, i am now leaning towards the E09 unless something else comes along

TiS o-ring should block any fluids.

With the E09 it seems to depends on your luck (or skill perhaps). Review: Tank007 E09 Black See “modding”. My E09s weren’t that hard though.

You changed my mind, i’m not equipped to make copper pills or unscrew heads and stars that well glued

the OP reflector of the current production version of E09 totally resolves the problem with the hotspot beam beauty but if prefer the throwiness of the SMO reflector. in everytime carry "(24-9)"/7 (8 hrs sleep and 1 hr for *oo and *ee *gg) it could really replace a 1xNiMH light such as E03

Chloe showed us how to mod the light in her very nice review work.

Yes the back spring is strong and the threads are long. With added silicone grease (sticky stuff yuck!) the head will not screw off even in unscrewy pants pockets ;)

Is this some universal light?
If i had one this thread would be redundant or at least superfluous

if you have a sample with a removable head you can send it my direction :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t mean to entirely put you off the E09 just wanted to point out that the E09 you get might (or might not) be heavily glued. You said mod-ability is preferred but not totally necessary, right

As long as you can’t see low pwm I think the E09 is a good option for its price. Low,med,high modes is very useful to me. Olight i3s EOS is better but it costs more.

Horst, was your FandyFire EVA glued at all? Do you have a Blackshadow EVA?

You're assuming Bort has been in the milky way for the last 2 years!

So would Bort

Bort has very few flashlights compared to most BLFers, he may soon be breaking into the double digits
Bort is also very pragmatic, his collection is very oriented and carefully selected, and prefers to do more with less :slight_smile:

I got the “MXDL 3W” 1 x AAA some time ago (Got some other cheap 1 x AAA torches also).
It’s actually 0.3 Watt though… :smiley:
But very pleased with it.
Nice neutral white, nice light pattern (not too focussed)
Really very useful and for just $ 2.50 (in that area).
Looks good too, rather well built.
And low power so it has long battery life.
Probably not meant for 10440’s

Someone whack you with an ugly stick this morning?

If you care to visit me you can see my collection, depending on where in the aviation state you live it would not be that far of a drive (if i can drive to Texas, you can drive here), i’ve made it to Cleveland in a bit over 4 hours.

Let me know what you have because there are lights i would like to see and would like you to bring with you

In regards to the other thread if it were for me why would i worry about blowing up batteries that will be severely mistreated and making an idiotproof light if i have had li ion for over a year and have already successfully kept them from blowing up by using basic security precautions?
Also when i want a light for myself i have started many threads about it, check my thread history, i have posted this thread, a 1AA thread, a Cyclone C88 thread, i was looking at a Aurora 4AA light, i posted a review on my Convoy S2, Romisen RC G2 (given away)
One of the reasons i have so few lights is that i ask detailed questions and only buy occasionally, and if you must know the biggest reason its that Bort is poor and is also currently unemployed.

Feel better now?

“Poor” can be fun in this case.
(I’d like to think so anyway…)
Because a nice torch can be quite cheap and / or can be upgraded for some little extra cost and some effort.

BTW, just scored some nice 186500’s from an old laptop battery: 6 pieces Sanyo, still in good condition.

And this friend also has hundreds of li ion for his current lights but this new light will blow him and his family up because he developed selective amnesia, he can use his current lights safely with li ion he already has but this new one has be be for the new non flashaholic personality and idiotproof because the new part of him has become too absent minded to handle a new li ion light/battery but he will continue using his old ones with li ion

That makes sense does it?

Fenix e05.
I got a blue one on my keychain.

As is, I like the Black Cat HM01, for output, throw, aggressive knurling and price.
For mod, I like the Smiling Shark SS-5039 and SS-5038 because they are the only AAA lights I know of with good feel and looks, and because they are small, and because they are incredibly cheap. I have been filing down 14 mm. stars to 12.3 mm. and hope to have something working soon.
According to one BLF review, the Nanjg 102 works only within very limited input voltages. My first one is not working for me yet.
The Maglight Solitaire is still the smallest AAA light I have, but it does not seem to convert well to leds. Very good mechanically, but the shape and finish do not compete with the SS-5039.

Just got a SingFire SF-348 in today.
I was on special offer. It’s normally around 7½ bucks
It’s very nice though!
Only 12mm diameter :slight_smile:
And a stainless steel body of course.
88mm total length.
XP-E and 1 mode