Looking for S2+ driver for ideal nightstand light.

So, I have a Convoy S2+ on my nightstand that I really like. I have a warm white lighted switch in it that’s perfect and not harsh, it’s great. BUT I want a different firmware.

What I want:

No memory, LOW moonlight (firefly), a second low (~3-5 lumens?) that still won’t wake someone, a mid around 20, and a hidden Turbo (flexible on that).

I know I could program a DrJones, but the one light I have that in, the tail light flickers really fast, which would be TERRIBLE for a nightstand light…

Anyone know of a driver for me? I’d be willing to order a new light from Simon if 3x7135 would work.

OR anyone know why the tail flickers with DrJones and if it’s fixable?

I have a standard AMC linear driver with lower 7135 count (ie could do 1-3) and biscotti firmware. that’s what I am running in the bedroom.

the lowest low might not be a firefly and a tiny bit too high, but with a small number of 7135 it is not too bright for me. Memory can be switched off. Medium might be too high. you can also adjust all these things in the firmware.

Alternatively the Moonlight special from MTN! very nice driver.

I didn’t really read the firmware on that the first time. The fact that I can specify levels might be perfect!

I built the moonlight driver myself, after getting the boards from Oshpark. It was a challenge but it all worked out (was one of the first drivers I ever built). It is a very good driver, MTN is obviously a great choice.

I’m not steady enough to build a driver yet.

I made an experience with a biscotti driver , originally 3*7135 chips, then turned into a 1*7135 chips.
The reduction in terms of output from 3 to 1 chips is visible, but is small, and the comparison with of 3 vs 8*7135 on the lowest settings is almost inexistent in terms of human eye perception. Here’s the post if you want to look at it: UPDATE! “Report on”: Convoy S2+ Mini with 1*7135 chip (Beamshot Comparison) - #20 by MascaratumB

I’ve been using the Convoy S2+ mini with the 1*7135 biscotti driver (XPL-HI U6-4C + Pebbled Tir lens) as a bedstand flashlight, but it would wake some light sensitive person for sure.
Also, the biscotti driver can only be used with a modified lighted tail switch, as far as I can tell !

Perhaps the Moonlight driver from MTN can give the desired levels.

Going with moonlight special. Also swapping to nichia 3000k 80 CRI

it is possible to use a Bistro FET+7135 with custom mode group flashed
so you have a real hidden turbo, you definitely wake someone up with 1000 Lumens with DD with hidden turbo

also possible to change mode groups to normal operation with a different normal mode group

I am building drivers like that and know how to mod the firmware

Is there an advantage of the Moonlight Special vs. for example the Texas Avenger FET+n+1 driver?
Is there a trick to drive a single 7135 to lower moonlight?

driving a single AMC low output is no problem at all, but then the maximum brightness is limited to 350mA
drivers with 2 channels can have low modes on one channel and Turbo on another, Bistro firmware can have hidden Turbo

Okay, it’s not an S2+, but the Sofirn SF32W (3000K warm white) has a nice low low moonlight mode. Also has a nice diffuse hotspot, not a big angry disc of light. At night, it’s my new go-to light. Nice’n’warm, so doesn’t jar me awake. Nice low moonlight, so I don’t go night-blind.

Also, the Thorfire TK4A has probably the lowest firefly mode I’ve seen in a long time. Rather CW, so a nice emitter-swap as I’m planning will warm it up quite a bit. The sideswitch glows when it’s on (even FF mode), so that’s a nice touch. You can tailstand it with the firefly light drawing hardly anything, and easily find the sideswitch to turn off moonlight and turn on low, all while tailstanding nice and stable.