Looking for the Brightest of AA or 18650.

I couldn’t put this in both the 18650 and AA sections since there separate so I hope its not a problem if I stuck it here.

I am simply looking for the brightest 18650/AA(Single or Multi Cells) Flashlight with the latest emitter available(XPL HI V3?) regardless of being flood or throw dominate. Lux and overall lumens are 2 different things in defining the brightest light and I already know so please don’t get overly technical. Multi emitter, flood/throw, it does not truly matter to me really because I am actually aiming for the most total lumens and it would be nice to have some throw though(over 10K lux). I gave an example below.

I enjoyed my TK45 it had great amount of throw and loads of flood as did my TK40, I was not too fond of it size or all the Eneloops AAs I had to use but I truly did not mind too much when I turned it on.

Any suggestions and I’d be grateful, thank you very much guys.

Of the top of my head for AA -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NITECORE-EAX-flashlight-black-2015/dp/B00JS1P2ZU,
http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tn4a-xp-l-hi-cool-white-new-product/
http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/ea41

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/ea81

2150 lumens

Thanks guy, fantastic suggestions. 2000 Lumens would work wonderful, do they have that in thr budget form?
Quick questions, are Eneloop AAs still top dog? Mine are from 2010, may need to replace soon.
Is the XPL Hi V3 the current top dog for emitters?

Brightest? Hmm… I know the Meteor is a bright one. Is it the brightest? I dunno.

Look Here.

It is a nice light, but well under 10k lux. Thanks for showing it to me, a had a good read.
Every time I come back to the forum after a year or so, all this new stuff blows my mind that comes out. It’s like mobile phones for example, they are releasing them so fast it’s hard to keep up with all this accelerated technology.

Well, it could be well over 10k lux, if you hold it a little closer. :innocent:
From here:

Lux isn’t a relevant measurement for us, because it varies by distance. So… what are you really asking for? Lumens? 10K lumens would be an awful lot to ask for in a production light. With 12 emitters, the Meteor makes 7450lm OTF. I don’t know of any brighter. Candela? The Meteor easily surpasses the 10Kcd mark by a long shot.

Richard at Mountain Electronics has this to say in his listing for the Meteor:

Why do people obsess with the ‘most’

Do you only buy food with the most calories? A car with the only the most HP? A house with the most rooms?

Well I read the OP as getting back into things.

AA sized 14500 cell into a Kronos X5 (a BLF special) blows a lot of bigger 18650 driven cells out ofntge water and is a very impressive little light.

As I am fond of mentioning, light which is not going where you want it to is wasted, so the beam pattern can matter as much as light output.

For a stock emitter, the XPL-Hi currently rates at the top, especially in the cooler tints. A dedomed XPG-2 would give more warmth with better throw qualities, but they’ve changed the die format slightly of late so it will no longer give you the results which the older ones did. You might still get lucky and get a light with the old emitter, but the emitters as components are almost all the new ones now. The XPL-Hi is essentially a factory dedomed XPG-2 by most accounts. The Osram V3 may be a new king if somebody can figure out how to de-dome it well. So for stock emitters right now look for the XPL-Hi in the coolest tints to get max lumens.

No host to recommend, there’s more of them than I have experience with and I’m into smaller lights anyway. Good luck on your quest and don’t wait so long till you visit BLF again :slight_smile:

Phil

Awesome thank you, just what I wanted.

Not knowing your budget, you might want to look into Vinh Nguyen modification lights at his website.l
He might have a 15000 lumens light, but at the expense of heat and runtime and other things

I have owned several of his lights in the past and actually forgot about his work. Thanks for reminding me, might be worth checking out again on CPF.

Some of his latest mods like those base on latest models like NC TM16GT, Fenix TK75 and Acebeam K60/K70 might b to your liking

Depends on which emitters you buy with your Meteor. My Meteor with dedomed XPG2 was measured around 70k lux and 6000 lumens.

The user who had a public outburst of rudeness and foul language in this thread has been temporarily banned. I also cleaned up replies and quotes of the user's comment. In the future, please don't respond to this sort of conduct. Instead, contact me immediately.