Looking for the floodiest headlamp flashlight

Wellp, I really can’t see anyone going wrong with the ’02.

It pretty much does 100% of what I need it for.

The Boruit EHL0628 seems to be the same model as the D10.

For instance, in this item description, it indicates both “D10” and “EHL0628”

You can read more detailed info about the Boruit EHL0628 here:

i know this isnt about me, but i have a concern about the coolness of the tint
on the boruit rj02 for trail running. i guess an argument could be made its cheap
enough to try and probably an impovement on the cheapie vitchelo i currently
use.
been tempted by the armyteks but dont want to pay that much.

18650 is great for runtime and comparability with other lights. In my opinion though 18650 head torches aren’t ideal for running due to weight and bulk

Maybe I just won the tint lottery or something, but mine’s pretty white, not a hint of green, but not bluish either. It’s definitely on the cool side, but not Angry Blue™ like a lot of cheapie lights (especially those craptastic 3×AAA lights), and certainly not Angry Purple™.

Any light considered CW will stink as far as lighting up vegetation, whether green leaves or brown wood. But indoors when grubbling through dark rooms and such, it ain’t bad.

I’m not a fanboy (while I should get commissions for how many times I pushed the ’02, I never really liked and kinda panned their other headlamps), but I do have to admit that I really like the ’02.

Then again, for something like 8bux a pop when they were on sale and I stocked up, hellyeah I’m gonna like ’em. :smiley:

Op mentions the H2r as an option, i love mine and yes its floody with the frosted optic(thanks to NL). I have the neutral, which to my eyes a little on warm side(closer to 4000k than 5000k!). Its pretty tough too, its been clunked that many times on my hard hat, i forget the amount(hard clunks haha). Also an apprentice elbowed it off a conveyor, where it was on its magnetic base. Fall was a good way up(over 10ft maybe 15ft but a bit back and my memory is poor). Either way it survived with a dented tail cap.

Gauge done whilst on head, actually looks and is worse than pic shows

Its used daily, in fact so much so i have become dependent (find medium around 140lm perfect for most of my uses), i have a back up sat waiting!

I admit my headlamp experience is limited, the zebra offerings also appeal. I am sure a good bit lighter, i wont lie as you can tell its on your head(or hard hat in this case). The UI is good on olights imo, pretty simple with short cut to moon, double tap for turbo(pretty much super bright and sure maukka measured similar output to the CW version of around 2300lm).

The beam is soft and wide(floody) with no hot spot up close , i dont use the built in USB as prefer external charging. Easier for me to swap out for a fresh cell whilst other on charge(could use back up i guess, but not for this ).

Good luck with your choice :slight_smile: Interesting to see other options

General question, guess for hard hat wearers(as i bang my head far more with one on ironically). I have never beat up a light so fast on my head! Are other guys the same? Hard hat/head light use, for ever catching or whacking against stuff? Yes i am clumsy to :stuck_out_tongue: