Looking for the FUNNEST Beercan size light. Under $200

Which do you like better - the MT03 or MT09? I like the sounds of lighting up a whole street - what a about a football stadium though :slight_smile: hehehe

probably the mt09r…its kinda just as floody…only further away from the light. definitely throws farther…

!

Nice pics!

Well that’s why I was leaning on MF01 over Q8 since it throws a bit further . . .

That MT09R though…

Ok I think I’m gonna have to pull the trigger on that one… looks incredible :slight_smile:

As usual, the pictures don’t do it justice…the dark areas out side the beams are also lit up, camera just doesnt capture the ambient light much, but your eyes will.

In the video is a 4000k mt09r and the picture is a 5000k mt09r (and the mt03 is 5000k).

the mt09r basically “throws flood”

It doesnt flood much less than the MT03, but it sure throws more.

the mt03 will shoot out a bunch of lumens and get pretty far out, but you can definitely throw the same amount of light with the mt09r.

either one is impressive, just the mt09r does it a bit farther away.

In the vid towards the end I light em both up. both lights light up the grassy area, but the mt09r also hits the tree tops. (all lights are mostly shined at the tree line…any grass lit up is mostly spill…you can see me moving them up and down and back and forth.)

The Q8 throws further than the MF01. I’ve got both. Q8 is more fun in my opinion. But if you’re looking for that one light to tick all the boxes then I would go the MT09R…… or the Imalent DX80 which with a coupon comes to $230 I believe. It handles 32,000 lumens better than the MT09R handles 20,000. Built in battery back too so you won’t be forking out for extra batteries.

I was really about to pull the trigger on the DX80 but good lawd… thing is just too big for me to take on walks with my dog

That’s why I was just looking for beer can size - just thought DX80 would be like humping a 50cal vs a SAW :slight_smile:

For $200… how about four Q8s? :stuck_out_tongue:

"Funnest" ain't know dadgum wØrd.

I used it - hence - it is a word

Nah mean

:slight_smile:

Q8 with lightning mode is fun and wow.

what is that?

My modded MF01 almost has as much throw as my Q8 with 17k lumens.

Haven’t got pics of the crazy turbo without snow though. Was a real blast at the beach. :laughing:

Where do you buy one of those? I don’t see the option for the Samsung LEDs from either MTN or direct from Hank.

I can’t imagine wanting more light than a BLF Q8 puts out . If you don’t have a Q8 yet I’d buy one first before spending really stupid money on a light .Also think a Q8 is already too heavy to walk a dog with…

You can buy it here GB 351D closed. - #383 by Edness

If you don’t want to mod it yourself, you can purchase the light and have it shipped to a modder like Texas_Ace and have him swap the LEDs for you and then ship it to you. He’s done a ton of the MT09R and MT03 mods that way for many of us here on BLF.

Only four? :partying_face:

But seriously, get a Meteor. And a Q8. And an Emisar D4 for when those are too bulky. :wink:

I have had a Q8 since it was released. It has been my favorite light. I just ordered a DX80 a few days ago though :open_mouth:

I have both the MF01 and Q8. Both are great lights! With codes, the MF01 is around $70-80 and the Q8 is about $50. You can find lots of very good codes here: M4D M4X

Just have to register, first.

Yes sir. But I kind of want to avoid buying the Q8 then buying the MF01 because MF01 is brighter, then going DX80 because both weren’t fun enough :slight_smile:

It’s what I did with my guns and scopes. Build a budget AR - next thing you know built a full blown Noveske and DD builds. Bought a budget scope. Next thing it’s a $200 scope, then $400, then $600, then 1k. Then next thing I know somehow there’s a $3,500 Nightforce ATACR on my rifle… All the budget builds end up costing just as much as what I end up with, so in essence they end up just costing double because all the little purchases.

OK typing this out just made me realize something.
DX80 it is then.

All of the lights mentioned are great in their own way. If you do go the DX80 route, make sure to get the current discount that is out there.