Looking to buy a couple new lights, what are your favorites?

My top ones:

FireFlies e07x pro (xpl hi or sst20)
emisar dt8 (xpl hi)

noctigon kr4 (xpl hi)

emisar d4s V2 (osram or xpl hi)

Noctigon kr1 (w2 or sst20 4000k)

sofirn sc31 pro (5000k)

sofirn sp35 (5000k)

FireFlies e12r (sst20)

Astrolux mf01 mini

astolux ea01 (xhp50)

astrolux ec03 (xhp50)

any one of those will get you started!

that build sounds perfect,I have one of those same setup . Love that setup

Sofirn Holy Trinity
IF25A 4000K, SP36 5000K (2700K version on the way), SC31 Pro 5000K
All run Anduril UI
!!

what kind of biking do you do? I have biked, bike paths and small town streets with much less then 500 lumens

I just ordered a lumintop fw4a with the nichias in it. Early Father’s day present to myself. Yeah I love Olight but the proprietary batteries - ugh. I also love my blf a6 in 3D. I own multiple and have gotten a few for co workers - no complaints. I’m pretty rusty round here though.

I hadn’t considered that with the switch light, was going purely for esthetics, a good point.

The XM-L Hi comes in a couple flavors, v2 5D and U3 8A, From what I’ve seen the V2 seem well regarded. I was hoping to “pimp” it out with something a little more special but if you think the 4000k SST-20 is a better LED then I guess that’s $10 saved.

Regarding heat, the Ti version has a mostly copper head from the looks of it (maybe they all do?) hopefully that will help.

All look solid, too many choices, it was so much easier 10 years ago lol

I mostly take the bike camping so its a lot of trails, In town the street lights do most of the work so I guess you could get away with a little less but I’ve got lousy eyes, need all the light I can get lol

Right on, looks like a really nice light, happy early Fathers Day.

I used to used a few lights, throwers and floods,they were AA.
Understand about eyes going bad.

“V2” is just flux bin. Unfortunately there are reports that the current batch of 5D emitters Hank has don’t have the same great tint they’ve been known for. Not sure if/when that will change, but it’s a big loss considering that fairly rosy tint was one of the biggest advantages of the XP-L HI over the SST-20 in the eyes of many. To me, the far super color reproduction of the 4000K SST-20 is what makes it special, but I know not everyone cares as much about that vs max output/heat generation.

The copper head definitely does soak up quite a bit of heat, but since Ti is worse than aluminum for flashlight thermals it’s pretty much a wash vs the full aluminum version.

So, you’re gonna hate me but I actually ordered it in the 5000k XP-L Hi. Reason being I’m used to cool white lights and I think trying to get right into a warm white would be too much of a transition, maybe for my next light. Second reason, I have crappy eyes and I need all the brightness I can get lol Went with the raised ring and amber switch light.

I did go with the Ti, I debated the full copper version but I just really like the look of the Ti, with the more efficient Xp-L I’m hoping heat will be less of an issue. Really like the look of some of the “colourful” Ti models but for almost $30 more it just wasn’t worth it, maybe next time.

But I can’t wait to get it.

GREAT choice. The titanium is so much nicer than the aluminum, even tho you can get the lighted switch in the aluminum now, the Ti version is MUCH nicer. xpl-hi 5000k is my second favorite emitter . try the 4000k xpl-hi next time. its not Hi CRI, i have plenty of HI cri sst20 lights, but the xpl-hi 4000k is an Amazing colored tint LED, and its MUCH brighter (IMO). You will Not regret it.

Thank you for sharing, I’m really excited to get mine. Next time I will go with 4000k I was just reading a lot of people hated the warm light coming from cool ones. I think I need an intermediate so I can appreciate a warmer light instead of trying to switch to one cold turkey. I was reading the the 5000k XP-L Hi is a bit on the warmer side anyways so I think it will be a good transition light.

Hope you went with the raised ring. My D4 came on in my pocket all the time until I modified it.

I sure did, I was torn between the raised and flat for a bit but the cool glow you get with the raised sold me lol

:+1:

DT8

that is interesting, the d4 is the one light I have that has never come on in the pocket, and I only get the flat ring, never raised.