Looking to buy rechargeable AAA's

How much are these Japanese cells, 1Yen=0.012$??? So expensive I think.
I am disturbed?

But the they are indeed not so much better I hoped…

Are UNiROSS any good? Amazon UK has them for 3.25 quid per 4-pack

Cheapest Eneloop 4-pack on Amazon UK is 5.59 quid, I suppose this is a good price?

I think there is a quality difference that makes the price difference.
I have used uniross ni-mh D cells, which was not a quality product.

Eneloops and Turnigy’s are most popular around here, Ive had two AAA Eneloops for couple of years, havent babied them, never broke them in, they both have around 760mAh in them, been thinking about refreshing them in C9000, but it take sooo looooong…

Also, try to use google search:

LSD AAA site:budgetlightforum.com

It should give you plenty of results regarding well known and some less known-Chinese LSD NiMh’s ;)!

I use Sony Ni-Mh cells (for a long time) and they are really good.

See reviews here:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Energy-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000PHMN44

You won’t be able to find them anywhere cheaper on the net than from “bestfromJapanDOTcom”.
They are even cheaper than 99%of the stores in Japan itself.
The only thing is their shipping fees. I guess that includes handling fees as well!

8 pack $15- not sure of capacity

I saw them at $16 for a 12-pack just last weekend. The price should last for another couple weeks I believe. I might pick up a couple packs.

I know this only helps consumers in the USA. Sorry about that. However, Eneloop is a good choice regardless of where you purchase them.

Where did you see them?
AA the same price?
Thanks,
Keith

These are supposed to be good:

http://www.amazon.com/AccuPower-Micro-Rechargeable-Battery-4-Pack/dp/B0043M6WPS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=5UYAJC2MYET6&coliid=I2C8CB9CMD7123

or

http://www.amazon.com/PowerEx-Ready-950mAh-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B004NPE3AG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354395441&sr=1-1&keywords=Powerex+Imedion+aaa

Here in Germany the AA xx are cheaper including postage as the price from this site excluding shipping. So I will not order them.
I have ordered a tank e09 so I would like to have a good cell for this little baby.

If you can get Eneloops at a reasonable price, that’s the best way to go. The Hobby King Turnigy cells are good, but their shipping is expensive. 99 cents each and $2.99 shipping for up to 5 makes them kind of expensive though. Shipping for 10 AAA’s is $5.99 and $6.99 for 15.

fran82 has some good tests of DX batteries, but even those are $5.99 for 4 (the B Tones):

-Hi Werner, I was talking about the new AAA batteries,not the AA. This topic was about AAA’s.
And you don’t have the 2nd generation XX in Germany as far as I know.
They are only available here in Japan!-

I stand corrected… they are now available overseas as well!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Japan-Sanyo-XX-eneloop-AAA-950mAh-Ni-MH-HR-4UWX-Rechageable-Battery-x-4-/251179671224?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item3a7b799eb8#shId
So 24>17$……->shop expensive

What’s with the LSD versions from Duracell or energizer?
Data sheets were looking good, any cheap sources?

I run hybrios rather than eneloops. I’ve got loads of them and swear by them.
When buying them check the capacity. Aa ones come in different capacitys and I think the aaa ones do to.

When I ordered from Hobby King I loaded up on as many AA's and AAA's as I could order and stay with the cheapest shipping option. I got 4 AA's and 8 AAA's (AAA's were my priority). Total with shipping was still less than I could get Eneloops with free shipping.

- Garry

Thanks Werner for searching!!
Didn’t know they were available overseas yet, that still makes the shop mentioned earlier the cheapest for the PRO version :stuck_out_tongue:

800mAH white top Duracells that are made in Japan are actually rebadged Eneloops. If you want Eneloops, getting the Duracell badged Eneloops might be the way to go since they are typically easier to get. You can get them at most grocery stores, and they are often on sale.

Energizer AAA batteries are NOT rebadged Eneloops. They are made in China and have a smaller, 700mAH capacity. I have some, and they seem OKAY. But I certainly haven’t tried them for long. So I’m not sure about reliability.

Most people will tell you to get LSD batteries ONLY. But if you are looking for NiMH AAA batteries, it might be a good idea to get some HSD batteries in addition to LSD batteries. AAA batteries inherently have a low capacity. And if you have a AAA light that draws a fairly hefty current, runtime will be rather short with LSD batteries. Sometimes, that extra capacity that you can get from a HSD battery can mean the difference between being left in the dark vs finishing a job or a walk. The 1000mAH Japanese made Duracells seem to be pretty good. And the 1100mAH Ansmann AAA batteries actually seem to live up to their rated capacity! Of course, HSD batteries are really only good for situations where you will charge them immediately before use and you use the light for a long period of time right then. But this situation actually pops up more than you might think!

Getting an additional set of LSD batteries might be a possibility, too. But if the light uses a battery holder rather than simply having the batteries in a tube, changing the batteries can be a pain in the butt out in the field.

Uniross are excellent, I have nearly 100 AA (NIMH) a lot are Uniross, std NIMH, Hybrios also, amongst many other makes.
The Hybrios are defo the ones to go for, these can be left unused after charging and still have most of the charge left even after 6 months, I probably have 25-30 of those, performance seems to be better as well, despite the sometimes low rating.
As you can get nearly twice the batteries with u/ross than sanyo it’s a much better bet imo, allowing you to have a spare set, you will get more capacity per £ this way.
I also have Energizer/Duracell to name a few others, it’s a mad dash this time of year with xmas lights going 24/7 and chargers going 24/7!!.
The only issue I’ve found is sometimes the batts are a little fat due to covering(?) and area serious squeeze in some applications, I’ve only ever found 1 thing that didn’t like NIMH as opposed to throwaways.
I use mostly an intelligent charger that everyone swears by a LA CROSS, I bought the badge engineered one by TECHNO LINE, made by LA CROSS, it’s good but don’t thump the buttons like I did as they are a bit fragile in this dept, they also will NOT charge if the cells drop below 0.8V, but I solve this easy with the std Uniross charger, putting the low ones in this for 10 secs after which the LA CROSS is ok with them, charging up to 1500mah each(when just 2 are done at once).
Even when the charger tells me they are dud, they rarely are, and have gone on for many years, some are getting on for 10 years old now.
Don’t buy a s/h LA CROSS as they went through a period of catching fire!!

+1, UNIROSS HYBRIO’s