Lots of BLF'ers from Texas...

Been eating HEB groceries for every one of my 54 years. It’s just THE place to get the best, freshest, groceries.

Lately I’ve discovered Paqui chips, the Ghost Pepper chips are sensational! Made in Austin, easily found at WalMart, got the wife picking up more even now…

Brisket MUST have some mesquite wood under it, best cooked over charcoal of coarse. Roasted corn on the cob, baked potatoes, tomatoes and peppers grilled with the mesquite, oh Yeah!

At least some of you folks have HEB or some other choice…. In Amarillo, we had a supermarket chain called “United”. It was great fo many years. Then…. Albertsons purchased United and they have ruined it just like they did their own Albertsons name. So, for major stores, we have Walmart and what is still called United…but is Albertsons. Some of our local owned smaller grocery stores are much better to shop in. We shop with them as often as possible. TL

Hi all, as a native Tennessean, I am sure everyone in Texas knows why Tennessee is nicknamed the Volunteer State, you are all very welcome. I love Texas almost as much as my home state!

One of my favorite toys (/projects) was built with pride in Dallas, TX almost 70 years ago

And no, TA, it’s nowhere near your 1500-2500 HP requirement. The flathead V8 in this baby is rated at a whopping 110 HP.

Had me two Mazda5s. A 2010 and a 2012. Great cars but man were they slow. I came from many years of owning turbocharged Saabs so the Mazda’s lack of torque took some getting used to. Considered turbocharging it but there just wasn’t enough time or money for that. That is a beautiful build. :+1:

Thanks tatasal! Good to see you too. Even if you aren’t a Texan. :wink:

So how about some Texas Gulf Coast fishing? I love taking a week off and spending it fishing the surf at Crystal Beach. I still haven’t had any great fishing, but still have fun. Best catch I’ve had down there was a 37” Red, in the surf, fishing with live mullet. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of that one handy. Most recent trip down, I caught a smaller ~30” red, but we also caught several of these smaller shark:

When I’m not catching fish, I’m walking the beach hunting shark teeth:

Oh yeah, I remember eating shark caught at crystal beach. A nearby fisherman caught a small one and gave it to us. It’s good eating. I haven’t been back there in years. Maybe I should.