Low cost Convoy S2+ any problems with this one?

A couple points in this regard:

Tint and CCT are different things. Quoting wikipedia in color temperature, “The color temperature of a light source is the temperature of an ideal black-body radiator that radiates light of a color comparable to that of the light source. … In practice, color temperature is meaningful only for light sources that do in fact correspond somewhat closely to the radiation of some black body, …” whereas tint usually defines a specific area in a chromaticity chart where the led belongs to. Cree uses the following chart, other manufacturers use more or less similar ones but with different identifiers:

Source: https://flashlightwiki.com/Cree

Another very important thing to remark is that a photograph cannot really capture how a light source looks to our eyes and minds, and that the white balance used in a photo has a tremendous impact on how it looks. If you, for example, use an “incandescent” white balance with a neutral or “cool white” light source the taken picture will certainly look bluish, while with a “warm white” led it will look right.

Mon, 03/23/2020 - 10:40

[quote=Barkuti]

You are wrong as I have photographed in Raw and then used Photoshop to set the CCT to the LED temp and set color shift to 0
In combination with a good IPS display or even like I have calibrated display the image tells totally the truth about tints and with CCT from photo and LED matching also about the lights color

What a picture on a white surface can not tell is CRI

My above quote “Another very important thing to remark is that a photograph cannot really capture how a light source looks to our eyes and minds, and that the white balance used in a photo has a tremendous impact on how it looks” is just right in itself.

You photograph in RAW and use whatever tools to achieve maximum faithfulness in your pictures, great. Still, it's a picture and far from what you can directly perceive with your senses. And we all use different displays with different calibration.

I know it’s an old thread, but I have a couple SST40 5a 4-level S2+ lights. The greenest tinted lights I own. Absolutely terrible, except for the brightest mode and even then it’s not all that. One is 5000k and the other 6500k.

The entire SST line is known for that, sadly. I know I dodged a bullet with the 5000K SST20 I got on my M2. Still, lesson learned, the latest S2+ I purchased is coming with a 2700K one.