LR1/E90 "N"

Will post white wall shots with a single Aa NiMh and the 3.6v 1/3 NiMh pack when they arrive.

Some notes about that 3S Ni-MH on an SK-68, Cliffdenyer:

With 3.6+V at the driver's input of a 3-mode SK68 I have lying around disassembled, I could measure ≈1.2A tailcap current in high mode. That's a 2.5C discharge rate for a 480mAh battery, equivalent to a 5A discharge rate for a 2000mAh Ni-MH. Now, if those batteries were real 480mAh Ni-MH's with low internal resistance, that could be acceptable in the hands of a tech knowledgeable user who would willingly turn-off the flashlight as soon as he notices a drop in output. However:

That “Flash AA” is an off-brand battery which barely tested close to 1400mAh at low discharge rate. I want to illustrate this to make this supposition: your “480mAh” cells battery is really more like 350mAh. Take a look at that “Flash AA” 5A discharge curve then, and think about it; also, bear in mind the SK68's boost driver won't cut the crap until all the way down to sub volt levels…

You said you want to give that out to muggles? :FACEPALM:

The soothsayer sees a disaster down the road, and no need for a crystal ball (reverse polarized cells!)…

BAD IDEA is my rating.

Cheers ^:)

I think i agree, Barkuti…
But i also think they’re cute little batteries. :slight_smile:

My driver is Five mode so it’s different to yours, maybe Il keep this one for a while and test the batteries out and get another for gifting.

Oh wow I didn’t realise there 1/2 and 1/3 AA sized cells existed!

Have a few uses for these…

Thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

Barkuti do think it would be better to use 2x 600mah 1/2 aa NiMh for the gift light? I will keep the 450mah 1/3 aa’s for myself.