<< Lume X1: 40W Single-Cell Boost Driver with Anduril2 and UDR >>

You can tell if its the new driver if moonlight mode is barely visible. One of my complaints about the 1st version of the NOV-MU and E12R is that the moonlight was much too bright. Btw, the 2000k is gorgeous. Extremely cozy for nightime use and works well with candle light mode. I run my 2000k every night plugged into USB-C as room lighting.

I was too nervous about going to 2000k on this light….went for the 5700k dedomed, never had that. Maybe a warm one on a cheaper light later, to try out, lol.

What was your delivery time frame on the E12R to the U.S.?

About a month or a little bit over.

Is Fireflies the only way to get this driver?

Yes mine is black and work a little bit different from the previous driver

My new one also is black and says Rev C.

Yes, Rev C also for me

Thanks for the info, very helpful. I’m definitely looking forward to the release of the X1!

They seem to only sell drivers with a flashlight around them. I find that regrettable.

I think several years ago, a batch of LUME drivers were created for the special edition Lumintop FW3X and Nealsgadgets were also selling the drivers individually. They might still have them but they should be the old versions.

I don’t think FF would want to sell the LUME drivers individually. When FF released the first small batch of his new lights 3 years ago, they quickly sold out and never came back until now. The reason was because he couldn’t make anymore of the LUME drivers due to the chip shortage/war. The NOV-MU, E12R, E07X Pro, T1R, T9R were based on the LUME driver and those products were put on indefinite hold for the last 3 years. So now that he has a limited number of these precious drivers, I doubt he would want to sell them individually. Who knows when these drivers become unobtanium again.

While we’re not entirely out of the woods yet, it’s mostly ok now. For example the best 6A buck IC, that I was using in my buck drivers, and probably is the one used in the new Lume FF drivers, is now available after a long wait. The charger IC has been available for some time and the T1616 availability is now very good.
FF was just very unlucky that the shortage happened as they released the Lume lights, but now they should be able to produce as many driver as they want.

I don’t think I’m a fan of their lights so I guess I’ll just go without…

That’s good to know. Let’s hope it stay that way but economics and politics are unpredictable. This already setback FF’s product development for 3 years. I remember back then, Jack said he would start some exciting new projects soon but everything was put on hold and he couldn’t even sell his newly released lights.

Why?

@loneoceans Any news on availability of the standalone driver or upcoming flashlights with this driver?

Also was wondering whether the specs on the first page are still accurate, it states

Output: Designed for 6V to 12V multi-die LEDs (e.g. XHP, 144AM, B35AM etc), UV, or up to 4 white LEDs in series.

Yet we are seeing the E07X Pro with this driver and using 519A, so I assume either the driver can do 24V and they are in series or the driver can do 3V and they are in parallel?

The new Lume Fireflies driver are buck+FET with the LEDs in parallel and with 3 current sense resistors i.e. the “UDR” topology allowing very low moonlight modes, which makes this driver special.
They will also release a XHP70.3 model (or 50.3 I don’t remember exactly) with a boost driver, very much like the one showcased here.

Welcome to BLF hallucynogenyc ! :beers:

3 Thanks

I am just here for the CMY AUx lights… SO pretty.

1 Thank

I don’t know if loneoceans posted here yet but I just am very excited about the post I saw on reddit of the Zebralight SC700d with Lume X1 driver!
Link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/12bpnin/zebralight_sc700d_with_anduril2_lumex1/

[edit: I cannot embed images so here is a picture he posted on reddit all credit goes to loneoceans]

4 Thanks

I hope someone will start modding SC700d with the Lume X1 and sell it on BLF! I am ready to buy!

2 Thanks

Ooh… I’m not a fan of the LED directly on the MPCB! Swapping the emitter would be challenging, no?