Lumencraft is Mine

Thank you sir .
I know there is a need for these lights .

I like simple on / off interfaces . I never give non-enthusiasts multi-mode lights .

I will wait for a one mode light that has a lit button with green for charged and red for ‘charge me now ’ .
The cable will say ’ Flashlight ’ on it somewhere so you can find the damn thing in the drawer with all the cables in it .

To please the enthusiasts it will also need a high CRI neutral tint and no discernible PWM .

That would be a light anyone could use .

P.S. You could actually call this ‘Dad’s favorite’ .
I’m quite sure it would be to me .
My wife too.

Interesting reflector.

But please, no Micro USB in 2021…

I noticed that also.

Awesome! Congratulations on the TM acquisition and looks like a really nice muggle light, or just a simple light for an enthusiast looking for a turn on and go deal. I like that you included ramping, almost reminds me of the Solarstorm SC01 I have with hidden ramping mode. Looking forward to more lights, and I am sure this is just the beginning.

Congratulation! That’s cool brand name.

Any specs for light in the video, Matt?

Oh yeah!! I remember those days too. I remember using hair spray to orange peel the reflectors for my LED lights.

Can you make a baseball bat flashlight, with thick wall and ramping ui?

For this kind of stuff I’m open to suggestions. The first batch it will probly be that font but nothing as far as logos/fonts etc is set in stone yet. I have been working for months trying to get all the “marketing” stuff together. I’ve paid a fistful of guys to make a logo and image stuff etc but so far nothing has excited me much. I think the biggest problem is that I have no real creative ability when it comes to artwork/design so I really don’t know exactly what I want.
What I do know I want is:

1. Simple, one or two colors max
  2. Mark that incorporates both the name in text and a symbol/icon that means “lumen” “craft” or light maker/creator/smith/builder etc.
  3. If I can’t manage number 2 for the icon then I guess some stylized form of the name or letters LC or image that has the name written into it would be next best.
    I think apple has probly done the best job of this I have ever seen.

Wishing you lots of success with your new (non-ad) venture :smiley:

That’s a cool logo.

Very nice, robin dobbie!

Also,
“One or two colors” - voting for dark brown and dark green. Think astro/ sof/ etc new release, but your own version. Their subtle, nuetral, hide scratches better then black, and not black!
Or clear ano and one of the aforementioned colors.

In black your new light reminds me a Home Depot special, coast light. Nothing wrong, just this brand is better, need to separate yourself. And I feel many light manufacturers totally underestimate how much color of ano matters to people when they buy a light or even anything for that matter, even if it is subconsciously. Color matters . Especially nice colors.

It does look kinda Christian.

Curious… Who owns the rights to “Adventure flashlight”?

Your prototype doesn’t look like it has a mechanical or electronic power lockout. IMHO you should consider adding that feature. Don’t want to see you get into the same situation as Olight. Parasitic drain would be the other issue especially as a father-in law toolbox light.

Let us know when these are available. Looks like a nice 18650 bike-handlebar light, assuming theres no PWM. I like that combo reflector too.

when i think craft, i think anvil. perhaps an anvil that has light emitting from it? or a flashlight on an anvil that is being struck by a hammer emitting light?

regardless. my suggestion is to make recharging as simple as possible (magnetic, non screwing/unscrewing connection.)
i have magnetic connections on all my USB/USB-C devices and i love it.

colors for the bodies of the flashlight, either silver or a UV reactive green. i have a utility knive that reacts to UV that really POPS.
NOT a fan of black, or camouflage flashlights at all! :person_facepalming: i don’t want to drop a light (even in daylight) that i can’t find.

also. WTF is going on with youtube search? a few months ago you where a few links down, now though…

good luck sir on your acquisition. i expect great things from you for the every day Joe & Jane.

P.S. how is your ‘grill’ doing?
/DudeMan

Anyone know how Matt’s lights are going? He kinda got me into LED lights through watching his YT channel, I’d just like to support him and get some new lights. He’s quite a clever cookie Matt.

I only just now saw this. That is really not bad. Better than most of what I picked up on fiverr for sure.
UPDATE: This is an independent inspection done at the factory where 80 samples were picked randomly from the batch. Fit, finish, and function were checked on all of the samples. On a portion of those samples this waterproofing and output testing was also done. They are being prepared for shipment now so launch should be in a few weeks.

Reserved

pretty sweet!

Hey Matt! New light looking good!

Do you have a website for us to check out?

Thanks!