Lumintop GT nano on the way

:frowning:

buu thats a shame… is not possible using a different driver or so ? or what if using a normal convoy driver then? no ramping but atleast the light would be possible make…

the problem was that Narsil and e-switch was too much

maybe a easier UI will do the trick

I wonder why is it so hard? Did they try to make it a boost driver?

I have a few 10mm FET drivers from Mtn, 10mm is really small, he used really small components to make it fit and there is no way that a normal size 7135 can be added to make it FET+7135, I’m not surprised that it is a puzzle to make this driver.

A good solution IMO will be to omit the 7135 and make it a basic FET driver. The 7135 on theGT-mini and Micro drivers is to make the low modes more efficient because then you do not need PWM-ing the inefficient direct drive current. But the direct drive current in 10440 flashlights is not extremely high anyway so efficiency is not bad to begin with. So there is no need for a 7135 in this battery size and I’m sure that without it a fitting driver can be made by Lumintop. Hint!

Actually there are a couple of 10 mm FET+1 drivers available:

The first one is certainly not something that I would recommend for production. The latter uses a 3x3 mm MCU; there is no Andruil-capable MCU of this size yet (though maybe one day someone will port it to Attiny1616…).
So neither is a direct hit.
FET-only is much easier though and that’s what I would expect from this driver.
You mentioned MTN-10DD. I studied the design lately and I really like it. I intend to build one this year. It is not a direct hit either - because it also uses a 3x3 mm MCU.
But it uses 3.3x3.3 mm MOSFET as well. Shrinking the FET to 2x2 mm should allow 4x4 mm MCU. It would increase resistance but it would still be perfectly adequate for 10440.

So who is going to tell Lumintop?

I think we should ask someone who knows more than me to confirm. I’m far too noobish to be sure of my assessment. If they confirm, I guess Martin could talk with Lumintop….

Btw, the nano should come with a White Flat or Boost HM by default. My GT-Micro with Boost HM is the most amazing thrower in my collection, the size/throw ratio is ridiculous and so much fun. I think the Nano should have that same fun-factor.

Couldn’t 2 boards be piggybacked?
Maybe with some soft potting in the void, witch ever side runs the heat goes on top.
Would make the body slightly longer but still be small as heck.

Just a thought form the peanut gallery.

a pic i took Oct 2019 when i was in the factory ;)

and yes - i am already pulling some strings

Great to hear!!!

Drop the driver! Make it on/off direct drive! :smiling_imp:

yeah go for 1 mode, turbo only… no fancy ui needed… :heart_eyes:

I am tempeted to say “I’m in” for a simpler FW / user interface if that means spitting this light out :wink:

Making of 10 mm Andruil driver just became much easier because gchart implemented Andruil support for Attiny1616 - and Attiny1616 is is 3x3 mm.
So it’s possible to just take MTN-10DD and replace the MCU, only modifying some traces around it.

Drop the driver and side switch, make it a twist light instead. I would love to carry something like this in the keychain. Like a four sevens mini MKII form factor but larger head.

think it was supposed to only run on 10440 battery… otherwise too weak output…

i still hope they make this light, even with basic UI on/off mode or something… would still be a cool mini-thrower since there are no others that i can think of really in this size…

M4D M4X can u see what lumintop says on this or did they put in on hold ??

they definitely noticed the demand and also that many would be fine with simple UI

but I guess other projects are first