Lumintop GT nano on the way

I was so tempted after seeing Matt Smith’s review of the GT Nano. But then, all it would be for me is a conversation piece. I don’t expect I’d carry it around in my pocket. Too bulky. Frankly, given the head diameter, a 16340 makes more sense than a 10440.

My feeling is like the manufacturers are testing things out. Every few months, something new seems to come out. Is there any chance Osram is working on a CSL or CUL series emitter that’s closer to 5500K?

I think Lumintop put form before function. They wanted to make it “cute” like a scaled down GT. 16340 would be too fat for that.

I had no need for a tiny thrower, I bought it for the novelty. I played with it for a day, haven’t touched it since. If I needed a “pocket thrower” I think I’d go for the GT Micro if available or just use my BLF X5.

Did Lumintop ever fix the aluminum version to work with 10440 batteries?

A lot of different sites selling the tube still have the warning “When the GT Nano black running on the 10440 battery on Turbo, there is titill the risk of burning the LED, buying the 10440 tube means you have acknowledged and will take the risk”

OK, I’ve had to eat my words.

I saw the gleaming copper version of the Lumintop GT Nano… which had been selling for $59.95… come down to $39.95. So I bought it. And really, I have to say, it’s a wonderful thing. I don’t think I’d appreciate it as much in aluminum.

One pain point for me is NarsilM. I’m very keen about the Anduril UI, having 6 flashlights that use it. I’ve memorized much of the UI. NarsilM feels so awkward in comparison. Not only is NarsilM a bit clumsy (the sequential scroll through all settable modes), I find it doesn’t work as expected. I sure wish the GT Nano could be flashed to Anduril…

Anyway, 10180 cells… are really fine for keychain lights. But this? 80mAh does not last long. Sucks, actually. There are 10440 tubes available and I’m going to get one. At least 10440 cells are around 320 ~ 350mAh.