Lumintop GT4

Put simply I don’t trust them to shave the domes from the factory so I don’t recommend that.

If they chose to do it themselves then that is great since any issues would be their own fault and I could not be blamed.

Instead of shaving the XHP70.2, maybe look into these two new emitters that comes domeless. Tint looks good from pics.

The Osram S2WP throws farther than a dedomed XHP50.2 and makes 4500 lumens according to Nealsgadget description

That new LED is quite interesting, I was hoping to see something like that from Cree with those new tiny dies they came out with. I will be interested to see what djozz testing shows.

The S2WP is another interesting LED, I asked them about using it but have not heard back.

They seems to be on the colder end of the color range. I would like to see something between 4000K and 5000K

That is the other issue with all of these LED options.

According to this post, the GT-FC40 95CRI goes down to 2600K. You just need to order in large enough quantities but it seems like that should be easy for a company like Lumintop. According to this post, seems like they are willing to do samples.

Updates?

Any word on this beast?

not forgotten - they tune it

So what kind of numbers are we looking at?

The numbers are still in line with my earlier estimates of 20k+ lumens and a bit less then GT70 throw numbers.

That is unless they take my advice (based on SVK89’s suggestion) and try the SBT-90 in the GT4. They are worried the cost would be too high.

Have they made a prototype using the SBT-90 to compare it with the 70.2?

Is there an estimate on what the cost would be?

No info yet on any part of an SBT-90 version.

I hope to find out about some projects wäinn2 weeks...

If you had to guess, based on your experience, what would that kind of price be? Just curious

I have no idea at this point, a lot more then the XHP70.2 version though since the LED’s themselves are an extra ~$30 each over the XHP70.2.

I honestly don’t think many people would buy the 70.2 version w/ ‘only’ 23k lumens for $350… It’s just too much money for nothing special in particular. There are multiple multi-70.2 emitter lights on the market, from the cheap Haikelite MT9r to Acebeam’s offerings, Imalent monsters, etc. Most of those are in more carriable formats than GT4.
The light is too big and heavy to carry for most people but the enthusiasts, but those that are willing to spend $350 on a light have other options on the market nowadays with better performance if they’re willing to shell out 50-100$ more (R90ts etc)

I would disagree. I think plenty of people would buy it. Yes there are other options, but I think these are enthusiasts that will buy both.

You are missing something. This light does do something very special. It’s thermals are so good it can essentially run on turbo until batteries are depleted. And some people such as myself don’t mind a hefty light such as this.

I really like the thought of a light with this much output, without a noisy fan.

You think it could sustain 23k lumens until the batteries are depleted? If it can do that it could be pretty niche but despite the dense fins I doubt the thermos can do that well. We’ll have to see the final product; but as is vs the price tag I don’t think it’ll generate enough income for Lumentop to consider it a successful company project.

From what I heard it was sustaining during initial testing without any movement which would further cool it. As far as Lumintop production goes, they already have the body that holds 8 18650’s from the original blf gt. I’m not sure if the head is the same diameter or not. But if so, it seems like it wouldn’t be too difficult to swap out the reflectors and what not. I could be completely wrong though.

I will say this. I’ve seen lots of people buy the Acebeam K75 for $350. For that same $350 I’d much rather have this. If they raised the price to $450 and put in 4 SBT-90s I’d buy that in a heartbeat.