Lumintop GT4

I have been trying to get them to try the GT90 for a long time, the hang up point is the cost, it would make this already very expensive lights, VERY expensive. Adding over $100 to the raw cost. The rule of thumb is that $1 of raw cost = $3-$4 cost to the end consumer. So naturally you can see how the price would skyrocket even if they cut margins.

GT90 mods into the GT4 should not be that difficult though for those that have the coin.

Neal seems to have it now

LUMINTOP GT4 – 4XXHP70.2 25000LM 1370M

289.95 USD 399.95 USD -28%
check my page for a discount ;)

Very interesting, I was not told it was finished.

:sunglasses:
That took a long time, very cool that they went on with it after the break and it is for sale now! I’m curious of some real life experiences and numbers, but I sure am tempted buying one!

I think that I like the 70.2’s better than the SBT90.2, the led seems more robust, has more output, and it allows swapping in warmer versions and/or with better CRI.

Please enlighten me :innocent: , is there any logical reason for a normal person to have this ?
I though these should only use for rescue or some special tasks :exclamation:

It’s fun? Isn’t that reason enough?

I’ve got an Acebeam X70 on backorder from Illumn, now this finally arrives. Really don’t think I can justify this now :confounded:

This isn’t getting the hype I thought it would

I was hoping the MF05 was going to be closer to this price but not the case.
$290 I can somewhat justify.
MF05 7000 Lumen and 3000M throw vs 25000 Lumen 1370M throw. Numbers we know are exaggerated. I’d suspect turbo runtime to be low, same as the MF05.
Would love to see some run times or a review before pulling the trigger.
Any chance of getting more info Martin or Neal?
How long is the discounted price good for Martin?

No group buy? How generous of them.

TA, is this legit?

Because it was delayed time after time and then suddenly rushed into production. There was no review sample, no beamshot, not even real specs. The last update we got was lumintop was busy with other projects and then months later it is ready for sale. It didn’t got the hype because there was very little BLF involvement.

matt has a prototype GT4 so his video should come out soon maybe…

I just saw this yesterday like the rest of you. I sent a few messages to try to get more info. Last I heard they were going to send me a final prototype a few weeks ago but nothing ever came of it.

It is on Neals store though, so it should be legit. I just don’t knwo what the final specs ended up at.

If they took my suggestions it could be up around 23-24k lumens possible (better springs, thicker wires etc). In the last prototype I got I think stock was a bit over 20k lumens.

I am not sure what the final specs are, they were supposed to send me a prototype but it never arrived, too bad I was looking forward to it.

That said I expect between 20k - 24k lumens stock depending on the cells, could possibly be 25k lumens stock with the best cells but unless then got better binned LED’s (which is possible, not sure what the prototype LED’s bins were, it is known to use cheaper LED’s for prototyping) I don’t think it it will quite hit 25k based on the first protoype performance.

EDIT: Seems they changed the GT4 to support 21700 cells, so 25k lumens is actually a reasonable guess. Won’t know for sure until it is tested.

You can disable the thermal control on the GT4 and it can run until the cells are empty without damage, although it will get up to ~90c, so you can’t touch it if you do this but it works just fine. The components are mostly rated for 125c+.

In colder weather then Texas or with a little airflow and it should drop the temps even lower.

Thanks Texas Ace for that info.
This review of the prototype was posted on YouTube a week ago. Not sure who he is or how he got his hands on one of two prototypes as he states.
He doesn’t say how long ago he received it. Not much of a review and he says it’s his first.

On paper it should be close to the Imalent MS06, but it’s way larger :wink: (but that’s Imalent though, so that should be taken with a grain of salt)

Pretty sure that is the first prototype, I sold it to a guy in Australia a few months back when I knew it would not be relevant to the final version (a fair amount of small changes). He mentioned at one point he was going to try making a review of it.

So keep in mind that light is an early prototype but performance is still close, pretty sure I modded it with some of the upgrades that should be in the final light.

Just watched it, yeah that is the prototype I messed with. I remember the voltage reading being off, one of the fixes that should be implemented in the final version.

I just heard back on the GT4, seems that my final GT4 was lost in the mail and returned to sender, it is being re-shipped now.

VOB should be posting his review before long though.

I will be posting a GB thread for the GT4 with a coupon code in the coming days, although the price of the GB I am not sure of yet. I will update as I know more.

Edit: Here is an early access to the code for anyone that can’t wait lol I will post an offical GB thread once I have the rest of the details ironed out to my liking.

Coupon code: TAGT4

$110 OFF

Neals Gadgets GT4

So total price works out to $290

Very interesting, It seems that they changed to 21700 cells without telling me, that really changes things.

With some good 21700 cells, it is quite possible that the GT4 will hit 25k lumens afterall, possibly higher. Naturally they offer a fair amount more power then the 18650’s I was testing with.

Although this also might effect the lights ability to run until the cells are empty without overheating, I won’t know that without testing, it was getting close to the limits with 18650’s. Should still get pretty close though.

Hoping the light is still in the warehouse so I can get them to add some 40T cells to it before shipping (I know 30T would be a bit higher lumens at turn on but 40T will be better overall IMO). I don’t have enough 21700’s to test with currently.

So whats the battery capacity since they switched? Still 8 batteries or down to 6?

And what advantage do you see with the 40T’s over the 30’s? I have a handful of 40’s that are used in my PL47’s and they’ve been good to me. I don’t have any experience with 30’s so just curious what the major difference would be.