Lumintop ODL20C USB Type-C Rechargeable Thrower [New]

Gerasalex, both type of my 26650 batteries fits - Imalent from DN70 & DN35 and KeepPower 6Ah. In case of Keeppower I needed to pull out these orange/red stickers from the tube.

And I am very happy with this light - pretty well build and a lot of throw BUT my last thrower was (and still IS :slight_smile: ) EagleTac M2XC4 :smiley: so no experience with the latest ones.

It is about ODL20C? In a turbo mode your accumulators work with ODL20C?

W/o problems. Keep in mind that KeepPower has no protection and Imalent has high current protection - DN70 works with XHP70 with much higher current.

To me Shockli 26650 5500 batteries мАч already go. Нere at a forum someone wrote that flashlight ODL20C with Shockli works without problems in a turbo the mode. I will know when there arrive accumulators. Thanks!

As I read Shockli 5500 is basically the same as KeepPower 6000 so I am sure they will work. I maybe should remove these stickers from tube.
Cheers :slight_smile:

Lumintop please pay attention below.

I just got a unit from Banggood in order to review it.
After running the flashlight on turbo for around 10 seconds, it stepped down and will no longer be able to access turbo's output ever again.
I tried a few high drain 18650 and 26650 cells but no difference.

Here's what I am experiencing.
If I am in Low or Middle and double click then the flashlight jumps on High (it should jump to Turbo).
If I am already in High and double click, I do go to Turbo but the output is not changing at all.
I know that I jump on Turbo because the next click on the switch does nothing - technically it brings me back to High, but in my case High = Turbo. The very next click will start cycling through modes so we are back to the normal modes.

I am speculating that something has gone bad in my driver.
Any thoughts on that?

Probably at you a problem with the driver since the turbo the mode doesn’t work.

And here's a video of the problem that I described in my previous post.
www.youtube.com/embed/NYxBEOaEhWQ

I really don’t think a protected cell will protect against reverse polarity. The protection circuitry in the battery is designed to protect the battery, not the flashlight.

For this light to put out 2000 lumen I think the amp draw on the driver would need to be around 8 or 9 amps. (Maybe even higher)

My guess is that 2000 lumen is very optimistic. Lumintop does have a boost driver in their ODF30 that can pull 8 to 9 amp. I don’t know if they are using the same driver design here or not.

If you try to use a protected cell you can bet the amp draw will be higher. This is probably why your batteries protection circuitry tripped.

Lumintop has a 26650 protected cell with a higher trip point. It seems to work in the ODF30, but only until you loose a little voltage, then you loose turbo.

For best performance you want to be using aN unprotected high drain and to bypass the springs. Even then, I don’t know if it will deliver 2000 lm.

Thrunite V6 gave me 1900 lumen at 8.5A on the tail. I think lumintop would have to take a minimum of 10A to reach those declared 2000. Somewhere, I saw the ODL20C test and the 6.5A current was measured so … if it does, there is no chance of 2000 lumens.

If I got into the hands of ODL20C, I would check how it really is.

Do you mean 1700 lm? It’s only rated for 1700 lm.

This is how it results from my measurements. On the Lii-50A. Utorch UT-02 with 5.2A on the tail has reached 1510 lumens, but has a more compact beam and looks very similar in real life.

I counted once again and assuming that the lumintop driver has the same efficiency as thrunite, to reach 2000 lumens, the tail should be around 11A. In doing so, I took into account the diode’s characteristics taking into account the work in overdriving.

I confirm that with Shockli 26650 5500mAh, a turbo the mode works. Hurrah!

I’ve forgotten what we were talking about. Why would anyone think turbo would not work with the Shockli 5500 battery? That’s a good battery.

On my ODL20C, a turbo the mode doesn’t work with the Soshine 5500mAh 26650(protected) accumulators therefore I bought Shockli 26650 5500mAh(not protected). I thought that a problem with the driver., and it appeared, in the protected accumulators - in a turbo the mode, - protection works ()

The Soshine 5500mah has a protection circuit rating of 4A, but it seems to do 7A for a while. These boost drivers always benefit from good high drain, unprotected cells. Bypassing the battery springs is also a good idea. Too much resistance, like from the protection circuitry, can increase the amp draw without increasing output.

New V2 version released SBT90.2 LED 6000lm 800m OP reflector
https://www.instagram.com/p/CW-d8LXFOfe/

Lumintop ODL20C V2 GT90 LED 6000lm 1000m 26650 Thrower Flashlight – Nealsgadgets I bought it from Neal for 60,16$ + 5 shipping, will tell more about it when arrives.

The SBT90.2 should be a good upgrade from the XHP35 HI in this light.

I quite like this form factor. Easily fits in a jacket pocket and has a good amount of throw.

Added to my List of SBT90.2 flashlights . Looks like it sits between the Wurkkos TS30S and Amutorch XT60