LumiTact G700 "TOUGHEST FLASHLIGHT ON THE MARKET"

Tango and super short mag,and I would pitch in 5.00 as well if paypal doesn’t refund the money .

Looks really neat without any logos.

Eebowler and welcome Baglabob

I have basically the same light. I own three zoomy lights. An sk68 clone, an ok quality light with either a single or dual 18650 tube (even doubling the voltage with two lights in series, it isn’t any brighter.), and the equivalent of the infamous, and bogus, G700.

It’s not a bad zoomable light. Build quality is decent, but not crap. It uses a cool white XML-T6 emitter. Came with a 3xAAA carrier. I used some rolled up cardboard to make a spacer to use a single 18650. It’s maybe 350-400 lumens.

Mine is labeled under the “E-smart” brand.

The light is not worth more than $10. It’s quite sad the hype that is going around on this cheap and generic Chinese light. My father in law mentioned it to me saying that a guy at his office mentioned it to him, knowing that I’m a flashaholic. He was not surprised when I said I had already heard of it and it’s a scam with lies stated as fact.

Maybe a couple of googlebait threads discussing “The light better than G700” or “G700 alternate” then just link to Simons Convoy lights like the C8, M1 and S2’s to let people buy decent lights for cheaper than those hyped generics…

Good idea
I have one of these as well, actually it was the first flashlight I ordered (sorry sorry was not a member here )
Paid $15,- for a set with trust fire cell and charger
Became member here and checked the set critically. Charger flimsy not to be used, cell had “it is green’ printed on the blue label.
Flashlight did not shine as far as advertised.

So I contacted seller who claimed all was good
So started dispute and in first round AliExpress offered solution $5 refund not shipping back.
I declined and second round they said $10
But when I posted a picture of the LaticeBright LED the seller did not want AE to look at it and accepted my offer of full refund no shipping back.

I do not know how they get away with it. There must be a LOT of stupid people falling for it & buying this trash.

It is very simple
When I look at the flashlights sold in stores here most of them are plastic with dry cell s
C cells in the top for €20,-
I see an alu with 18650 and charger for €14 ($15) and that seems like a good deal.
Remember most people will get the even more crappy plastic ones and if you compare the fake alu with those it is still better

I’m trying to buy a flashlight like this for my husband, but I’ve been reading these comments and obviously there are a lot of fakes. Is there an authentic G700 for purchase, and if so, what brand should I purchase?

or

Can anyone recommend a great flashlight that is powerful, rechargeable and has longevity.

you came here JoeE, and welcome to join here,Yes some one mentioned a convoy C8 about 15.00$ plus nitecore I4 charger and sone Panasonic 18650 B or GA still led than 60.00$ and a much better light

Is that the best bang for my buck? I was expecting to spend a lot more. Are the two you mentioned the top of the line?

any means what are you looking for as far battery format
,size do you want a flood or a thrower and every day carry or a huge dedicated big search light there are many much more qualified people here who should jump in right about now, but a stock C8 will out perform the crappy lumatc (lunatic imo) light by a lot more as tick one in a cool xml2-u2 bin will give you above 1100 lumens is water tight and your husband can see what he likes from there and it won’t break the bank ,jence the forums name budget light forum.

I would say an everyday carrier with case, rechargeable batteries etc. He told me he wanted something like the lumitact g 700, but I’m reading on here that it’s a fake?!

You can't go wrong with Convoy for the money.

A convoy S2+ is a very nice pocketable 18650 flashlight, great for every day use. It has a general purpose beamprofile, great for point blank to ~50 yards.

A convoy C8 is more a jacket pocket sized 18650 flashlight. It throws usable light further than the s2+. Great for 25-100yards, decent up close.

Expect around $8-9 for a quality, protected 18650 battery. Keeppower/EVVA/Sanyo/Panasonic/LG

Around $15-30 for a smart, good quality, proven/tested, battery charger (Varies quite a bit based on what features you want). Nitecore/Xtar

lumitac,it’s just an over priced zoomie. (adjustable focus light that you can find by many vendors and e bay starting under 6.00 ,they just used a lot of hyped advertising to get consumers attention,let me put it this was if I say I paid .50 cents for a shiny rock but then i but alot of of over hyped advertising on heavily visited sites and made it look very well designed web sight would you think my .50 cent rock would be 10.00 if I advertised that way?
please look ip mountain electronic flashlights (it has to be worded that way other wise it will take to a laudaramat web sight)or private essayed member vesture of blood these two people sell great qaulity lights and down to earth prices or can custom make you a light to you or your husband specifications at extremely reasonable prices that can put insane amounts of light .

The G700 is a $3 value flashlight being marketed as a $200, ultimate flashlight, which it is so very far from being. Basically, scummy people taking advantage of people.

JoeE, welcome to the forum! I’m glad this post deterred you from buying that overpriced, hunk-o-junk, G700.
Quick pointers:

• You can buy the same light for $6.99, without the G700 on the side here: Meco XML But you’ll be getting what you paid for :~
  • The guy that runs the G700 website also runs Lumitak.com which sells another, overpriced, hunk-o-junk flashlight.
  • The batteries they sell, the Ultrafire brand, are HORRIBLE. There are multiple threads on this forum, and others, about those same batteries EXPLODING.
  • For about the same price (or even less if you’re willing to wait a few weeks for a light to ship from China), you can give your husband a light that will blow his buddies out of the water.

I usually go through Mountain Electronics because the store owner is a member here, they’re based in the USA, and they don’t carry crap lights like the G700. Any light you get from them will be MASSIVELY brighter than any of those “gimmicky” websites. And they don’t carry the UltraFire batteries… there is a reason for this :expressionless:

Here is what I recommend as an “all around” flashlight that’s about the same size as the G700

• Convoy C8 : I’d say its the best bang for the buck. Quality built light, that probably +90% of the people on here own. It looks like Mountain Electronics is sold out right now, but you can always contact them to see when more will be in stock. It actually looks like they’re out of quite a bit of their flashlights, which is pretty strange. Normally they have tons.
  • XinTD C8 : As a backup, I’ll list this one as well. Its very similar to the Convoy C8, but it’s even higher quality. Probably just as bright as the other one, just has a few different cosmetic upgrades. This is sold out as well at the moment :weary:
  • Panasonic 18650 Here are some very high quality batteries that won’t explode when used as directed :smiley: I use these all of the time, and have never had a single problem with these.
  • SupFire Battery Charger : Pretty standard, single battery charger. If you want to charge multiple batteries at once, take a look at the Xtar WP2H

Convoy C8 + 1 Panasonic battery + SupFire Charger = $33.14 plus shipping.

I hope this helps! Let us know what you decide on!

exactly this, their claims are outrageous, they have truly perfected the art of making garbage sound like gold

Buy:
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=427
2 x http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_88&product_id=137&sort=p.price&order=ASC
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=79&product_id=417

and be amazed (do not shine in your eyes or directly at other humans)

(All the flashlights seem to be out of stock, is Richard away from the store right now?)
I don’t know much about Samsung and LG batteries, so if anyone has a better battery recommendation, or just ask the owner, he is a member here and will take good care of you with the best advice for all three (light/battery/charger)

Not sure. Got halfway through my rant about flashlights and realized there are a lot of things out of stock. Either everyone bought him out for Christmas, or the world is about to end. :smiley:

LOL, we were working on the same light form the same store at the same time!