Maglite 2d LED at Lowe's $14.97

that a 2D LED Mag could handle 2 x 32650 without frying the driver and possibly other stuff like a switch in between. What are those freaking drivers made of, kryptonite? :bigsmile:

Nope, Magnomite.

Sounds plausible to me, after all Maglites are well made and the current draw to the emitter isn’t that high at only 134 lumens. Here is the referring post

I think the 2D and 3D MagLED pills share the same type of buck-boost driver. You gotta wonder the kind of runtime a 6D would give.

I think this says it all. :beer:

a 6D would be even better in a Zombie Apocalypse. As long as an old discarded D cell is not completely dead, 6 of them would power the light to full brightness.

Wow, discarded cells are not dead - they’re UN-DEAD!

New ad campaign slogan “Maglite, flashlight of the un-dead” :open_mouth:

For the 2D to use up the cells to any reasonable extent it's gotta have a boost driver. I do know the little pill-things for the 3D lights is a buck driver. Even with the Vf being so low at such low drive currents (550-600mA I think was the last one I checked), it's still not gonna be low enough to work with two alkalines drained down to 1v each.

That’s why the 3D gets 79 hours and the 2D gets only 8. For getting the most out of cells, the 3D is way better, not just 3/2’s better

But if the drivers are the same, then it's got to be a boost/buck. Otherwise the 2x 26650 experiment would have caused a boost-only driver to go direct drive? At least that's what the boost drivers I have seen do when Vin is higher than Vout. But I haven't had a 2D and 3D LED at the same time to do a direct comparison. In fact I've never had one of the 1-mode 2 cell pills, only the 3 cell.

Once, when I connected a third D cell out the back of a 2D, the current draw dropped at the tail to exactly 2/3 of what it was.

BTW, there is something to be said for consumable batteries. They can be fully consumed.

I think this is the case at my local stores as well. When I first posted the link, I paid over the internet to be picked up in store. I just got there tonight, and they still had hundreds left - but the sign on the display says $29.97. I just double checked Lowe’s website, and it still says I can get them for $14.97. So, I assume that some stores just haven’t marked the items properly.

6 months ago I got two shipments from US to SriLanka. here shipping cost I paid

1. First class package: 6”x6”x12” box. weight around 1kg. cost 27.95$ (took 12 days to receive)

2. Priority mail international flat rate legal size envelope : around 13”x8” size usps provided envelope. weight around 1.5lb. cost 23.95$ (took 7 days to receive)

3. First class package: box. cost 25$? Package lost. never arrived.