MAHA C9000 problem and looking for a charger

Hello guys, this is my first post here. I've been googling about smart chargers and batteries (for NiMH batteries) and I've led here a lot. So I guess there are a lot of battery charger expert here.

1. Well, here is my questions. I have 2 Maha PowerEx C9000 chargers, and one SkyRC NC2500 bluetooth charger. The reason I've been studying chargers is that one of my MAHA C9000's suddenly malfunctioned on its slot 3 -- insert a perfectly healthy battery in that slot and no matter what program / parameters you set, that slot will not charge with a current above approximately 20 ~ 40 mA. This problem happened out of the blue. I finished a batch of batteries with all 4 slots normally working then it happened when I tried to charge the next 4 batteries. I contacted MAHA but they just told me the charger needs to be replaced. But I'm currently working overseas and will not be back in the stateside any time soon so a replacement could be very troublesome. Since the charger has not taken any force/power surge etc. before this problem happened, i kinda assume it might not be some serious issue -- probably some cable got loose or a soldering point broke off.

So I'm asking if any one here may have an idea what might have caused this, and whether or not the charger is repairable by myself (i've done some easy electronic repairings for macbook, iphone etc., and I can do basic soldering)

2. Since I lost a bay on the MAHA i've been researching smart chargers recently. I have a habit of reading the manual first before i consider buying anything. I remember i came across a certain charger's PDF but I didn't save it. Now as I believe I have read about most of the smart chargers currently being sold I kinda feel like to go back to that charger and give it a serious consideration. Since i did not took it seriously the first time i read its manual i don't recall a lot: i've been searching up and down but couldn't find it. So I am writing what I remember about that charger (as described in the PDF) and see if any of you guys happens to know which charger that was:

(i). It was not a MAHA, not a La Crosse, not a SkyRC -- as far as i remember.

(ii) Although I can't be sure but I don't think it was an Opus either -- since PDF manuals for Opus chargers are hard to come by (i'm still trying to find the manuals for BT-C2000 and BT-C2400)

(iii)That charger has an LCD display very much resembles the La Crosse/Opus/SkyRC. Meaning unlike the MAHA the display was separated in 4 sections, each corresponding to a slot. And for each slot the display was divided into 2 parts - the upper and lower. The upper part rotatively displays the charging parameters (current, time, voltage etc.) and the stage of a program (charge/discharge etc.), and the lower part shows the program being run (charge, discharge, etc.) .

(iv) What special about this charger is that when it finishes a designated cycling program, you can press a certain key to display the discharge capacity recorded for each cycle, for that slot you want to see. When displaying this info, a "Hist." is displayed in the lower part of that slot's display, meaning "history". I find this is an useful information.

Anyone has knows what charger this is?

3. By the way, if you guys knows where I get download the PDF manuals for:

(i) Opus BT-C2000

(ii) Opus BT-C2400

(iii) Opus BT-C3100

(iv) SkyRC MC-3000

Please give me the link and I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks a lot

PS. i can't find a way to attach a picture from my local drive. Does the forum support that?

FWIW
Opus BT-C3100 Operating instructions. You might want to save it, in case it “disappears”.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/3070/y8v.pdf

Try this for your picture. You will have to have a site like Photobucket to do this.

Thanks MRsDNF. Seems the site does not support direct picture upload at all.

Thanks Wilson, I actually have saved that file.

But I don't really need a multi-chemistry charger as I use NiMH batteries only.

Besides it seems the charger I was looking for was not an Opus. As both Opus' NiHM chargers BT-C2000/C2400 do not have that "history" feature I'm looking for. But Thanks anyway

Did spammer revive this?

Anyway, MAHA can ship your replacement charger overseas, you will just have to cover shipping expenses, around 30$ :wink: !

Engineer Lii-500 is even cheaper alternative than both shipping and BT-C3100.

Or you can tell them your US address and they can ship replacement C9000 there, if its still important for you.

If it’s past warranty you might open it up and look for a bad connection.

Something like a cold solder join or frayed wire might be obvious enough.