MANAFONT Tank007 E07 BLF Edition & The BLF Lanyard

The simple fact is that manafont should have checked the product when they received it and sent it right back to tank when it wasn’t what was ordered. The fact that it was hidden from us smacks of dishonesty especially when a second batch will be corrected.

It doesn't matter as long as memory works. Having memory negates mode order almost entirely since the modes are then a cycle and there's no "first" mode. In that case, decreasing vs. increasing is still a difference, but not if having low mode "first" is a priority.

Tank specifically told Jim that a 1 lumen low was not a problem. It’s just a programming change and easily provided. If not delivered then the least thing to do is be upfront about it. That did not happen here. Reread this thread in it’s entirety and you will see how the whole process unfolded.

Aren't you being a little harsh with Manafont there? If Tank007 promised a product and delivered something else, at least to me that's more Tank007s fault. Do you you know for a fact that this information was hidden from us and not just a mix-up? No you don't... so let's not jump to conclusions here and give Jim some time to explain what happened.

I don't know about that. Read the updated original post in this thread. As of right now it has still not been corrected. Don't you think it should have by now? Seriously. As someone who works in the manufacturing business and who has certain products outsourced, if a product is not created to spec we reject it and would never sell it to our customers. Most businesses wouldn't either. Nothing unreasonable about it. Businesses that do what manafont has done don't survive in a competitive market. Ultimately out is manafont's responsibility whether you want to admit it or not. Sorry, but that's just my opinion.

What you are talking about would essentially mean, that the warehouse of Manafont would have to have 100% incoming quality checks with an employee that actually knows what a mode order, or an ultra-low is. That is the downside of being this cheap as we are. I agree with you that this whole matter could have been handled better, especially since we skipped the whole "prototype for review" step.

If every seller/manufacturer who ever mixed something up went out of business... there would be no sellers/manufacturers left (DX like years ago ;-) ) and the manufacturer is still Tank007 and not Manafont.

I'll wait until the LMH version with a golden dragon PLUS, dunno what this light's emitter is... But i don't blame manafont...

I mostly blame manafont for knowing about the messup and not stating it in the original OP. Many of us saw it was available and trusted all was good (since Jim didn't say otherwise) and simply followed the link and added to cart. Others who saw the mode change on the actual product page either figured it was a typo or just hoped it was wrong since Jim mentioned nothing about it in the actual thread and still hasn't.

Either way Jim will either refund my $$ for the two I bought and I will reorder the proper lights when released or he won't refund my $$ and will lose all future business from me. I will have two mediocre lights that will either be gifted or modded heavily starting with "BLF Edition" being removed from the head and followed by new emitters. I'm done arguing the point as some will agree with me or disagree with me. I'm not out to change anyone's mind

Hi everyone,

I have communicated with Jim @ Manafont about this issue. Simply put, Tank007 messed up the mode order. Please note that as soon as it became available, Jim edited the first post in this thread and crossed out the original Lo > Med > Hi mode description. And from the first day, the Manafont product page clearly stated the Hi > Med > Lo mode order. So, there was definitely no deception on Jim's part. At any rate, sorry for the disappointment. And hopefully at least 14% of our users will be happy with this light. There will be a future batch with the correct mode order.

On the good side, Jim has tested the current batch, and he confirms that it does have mode memory, although he thinks that it takes more than a few seconds for it to kick in.

The best news is about the low mode. Jim says that compared to his personal BLF AA-Y4E (which we ordered with the lowest low mode possible), the low mode on the customized E07 is "a lot dimmer than that of AA-Y4E". So it sounds quite nice from this perspective.

In all fairness, Mr. Admin, everything from the original post was crossed out, not just the mode order. Who would have thought the mode order had changed from that? None of the other specs changed did they? He should have made special mention in the thread update of any changes from the original specs...period. It simply wasn't handled well at all.

I don't have a problem with the mode order itself but I hope the low is 1 lumen low, not just lower than another light he compared it to. If the low is still what it is supposed to be then i will happily keep one of the lights. :)

I can't believe this is happening. I waited on the DD Fenix E21 issue to get sorted out before placing my order since that was what have been suggested. But when it was settled the coupon expired and I can no longer get it. Bummer. And now this.... I should have waited! Double bummer. I would still enjoy it as it is a great light.

Does anyone hasn't received their MP yet? I haven't. Got it.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the big problem here. The light has an low-low mode and mode memory. The only difference is the mode order(which doesn't mean anything when the light has mode-memory).

Why are you all so pissy? This is not just our own light, but it's a hell of a bargain as well.

Goddammit. Why even bother with memory if it doesn't even work right. Mode order is a non-issue if memory works.

Did he comment on the tint?

Sounds like the slow memory will be the only issue in my book.

No, he didn't mention anything about the tint. From the pictures on the product page the beamshot looks quite different from the typical cool white tints that we find on budget lights.

Just noticed the credit from MF.

AS of now, I can no longer see it at Manafont, and a search for BLF will only return the lanyard. Has someone else experienced this? Does anyone know when it will be back for sale?

Interesting. Looks like they already pulled it off the site. So it looks like we're going to be waiting on another batch with the correct mode order.

Or maybe they are already sold out

Now don't chastise me for asking this because I already bought one the morning it was offered, but what actually makes this particular light special aside from the "BLF Edition" printed on it? The more I think about it the less special characteristics I see with this flashlight compared to its original. Aside from a possible ultra-low mode, what else is there?