MANAFONT Tank007 E07 BLF Edition & The BLF Lanyard

How can you tell if it is a regular or plus version? Plus comes in neutral tints.

Standard GD

http://lumensreview.com/uploads/SS-2010-09-06_23.21.57.png

Golden Dragon Plus

http://lumensreview.com/uploads/SS-2010.04.11-18.50.35.jpg

The pictures of the GDP in the Osram literature looks just like the regular Golden Dragon. The GDP on lumensreview seems to be frosted or something.

nobody has an idea of the order of the modes?

It's entirely possible to get GD (and GD plus) in NW:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=475-1309-6-ND

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=475-2596-6-ND

Also, that photo of the GDP above is wrong.

That GDP you linked to is 4000K, so neutral, but the flux bin is given as KX to KZ, giving it quite a range in possible output: 156-246 lumens at 1000 mA. That might be around what we got.

There's more of these at digikey if you use their index listing/filter, so it's kind of hard to tell what we're getting unless tank007 fesses up.

what a huge difference in output between the GD and the GD plus

I have an osram light (UltraFire RL-118 ) with neutralish tint that was bought from Manafont which has three modes( Hi > Middle > Low) just like Tank007 E07 BLF. Do you guys think that the E07 BLF might be using the same led as that of UltraFire RL-118?

the mode order is HML Jim told me.

That's quite a bummer, a small light like this should have LMH in my opinion.

Don't know if I'm going to order this light now...

Ouch. I wouldn't have purchased two if I would have known. :(

Still hoping that the low is low enough.

The low better be bloody low

Little bit of a bummer, but I am still ok with it if the memory is implemented good. I like using low and having high instantly available. Usually if I am going to medium, I'm not as worried about flashing myself.

Opinion time:

This is not good. Because of this one change, this light has gone from outstanding to average. Both Fenix and ITP figured out after a lot of user feedback that the majority prefer LMH. A lights UI can make it or break it, and for me it's broken. Since there's no technical reason why HML would have to be chosen over LMH, this strikes me as Tank saying "Ya, we heard you on what you want...but we're going to do the opposite instead. "

Guess I'm back to making my own ITP/E07 Hybrid. That way I can get the modes I want and with the neutral R4 D3 emitter, the tint/output I want.

I'll still place my order, because I said I would (See how that works, Tank?). Maybe I'm prematurely pessimistic, time will tell....

I must say.. I would prefer HML over LMH but if I had my way, I'd get MHL :)

Since it's supposed to be 'low low' then I won't be using it very often so starting on medium mode would be much more convenient for me. It's a toss up whether I'd want to switch from medium to high or from high to medium. So if it was a choice between LMH <-> HML, then for this consumer they happened to make the right choice. However, I'm not really a fan of the LED choice. I don't have a stable of flashlights with me all the time so I'd just assume have the brightest option in all my commonly used lights

I'm also happy that it's HML, this is a small light I'd be carrying during the day, low isn't gonna help me at all.

Im bummed to hear its HML, was looking forward to a keychain LMH light with no memory. Just another average light now.... Definitely won't be buying any more! Shame, I wanted to have every reason to support these guys for getting it this far.

Any words on memory existence?

Not sure why so many manufacturers seem to be going to HML. LMH just makes a lot more sense to me and I think about that whenever I'm cycling through a HML light (Manafont's 3-mode Ultrafire XM-L drop-in comes to mind). Shows that they weren't listening and I wonder about the Low and PWM now which we were also pretty specific about.

However, with 3 modes and if the memory works correctly, HML or LMH doesn't make that much difference to me. If I turn it off in Low and it comes back on in Low, then what do I care what the order is? I'll still be happy with it.

If the memory works correctly. the order is less of an issue, however how often has that happened? Fingers crossed that we have something that works, what else can we say at this stage? were already by the sounds of it several steps backwards, which is annoying because we were apparently promised something better, but in the end the secrets have only been revealed after the money has been sent.

Maybe its all a lie, and its really UL/M/H? [remains hopeful]