Manker E14 II

Hello all! I recently received my first Manker, and it stopped working- and the company hasn’t responded for quite some time after our last emails. So I’m looking to replace the driver for now, and maybe even install new LED’s (this would be very warm LED’s I’d switch to.)
I plan on using the mountain electronics MTN-20DDm which is a 20mm 7135.i haven’t fully disassembled this yet, but I’m told this light has an eswitch. Does the firmware called eswitch support this, is it that simple?
I’d appreciate any and all advice!

> i haven’t fully disassembled this yet

Do it first and make sure the switch isn’t located on the PCB. Check diameter also.

A nice replacement for the XP-G3 is the Luminus SST-20. 2700K is heavenly, nice rosy tint.

So the switch is soldered to the pcb, is this an issue?

Not if you find a driver with a switch soldered onto it in the correct position.

Check this thread:

It has the E14 II disassembled!

That is a nice thread, would you happen to know the type of electronic switch used in flashlights? I’m trying to find one that would be compatible with the driver I posted about. Thank you.

ProfHayden, the switch is in this board (click in the image to open it in a new window):

And this is the driver:

The thing is: I guess the board with the switch is originally soldered/attached to the driver.
The 4 pins in the driver and the 4 “dots” in the switch board are probably connected. So, to use a MTN driver you would probably need to do the same, meaning attach them both.

This seems to be a double layer driver, in which the largest part is the driver itself and it also has the second layer (further in the head, aligning the switch with the rubber cap where you click). To do the same with a new driver you’ll probably have re-do (more or less) the original configuration. And I am not sure how easy it is…

If the switch was attached differently, meaning , indenpendent of a board/driver, it would be easy. This way…I am not so sure :zipper_mouth_face:

Maybe somenone can help in here and give more clear guides on how you can solve this situation :beer:

I would just reuse this switch I have, but I realise mine is corroded so I’d need a new one :confused:

Are these just momentary on switches? If so, I think I know what to do >:)

If Manker won’t sell spare drivers, ask Lumintop. Lumi is known for copying Manker lights, even using original Manker drivers (e.g., EDC05 is a Manker E11 clone). They might have stock or access to some Manker parts.