Manker MK37 (sbt90.2) - anyone have it? Thoughts on it?

I think depending on your use priority, it might be the better option. I stand corrected on the throw numbers of the Acebeam with this optic. I originally quoted a light with a 10mm larger head. Acebeam has a light with what looks to be this exact same optic, and the Osram puts out ~250kcd throw with it, so equal to the SBT90.2 on turbo. The ~400kcd number was a light with a 10mm larger optic.

I think one of the Osrams would be a better suited fit if you want higher throw for longer sustained outputs, while the SBT90.2 gives you the best of both worlds, with large hotspot+corona and equal throw potential, but only for bursts. I am finding the 1100 lumen mode quite nice with the SBT90.2, as it’s very sustainable, but throw is only 40kcd.

Reviews :

The beam looks great!

I got my MK 37 today. For the 15 minutes it worked, I found the beam to be beautiful and bright with long throw. But then it stopped working and I can’t get it to work again. It does seem broken. No I didn’t drop it I was very careful with it. I’m going to have to send it back to manker.

I also noticed that the tail cap was very difficult to screw back on once my once my Manker 3.6v 18650s were inserted. Very very difficult and rough. I also just got a maker MK 35 Mark 2, and I love it. It does seem to keep on working and its beam is beautiful and very bright.

The one thing I don’t like about my new manker lights is that the manker name and model number doesn’t lineup with a button on either of these models. It’s very minor point I suppose, but aesthetics to matter to me and this is just off.

I’ll let you know what happens with my return.

Aaron at Manker USA has been great. They are replacing my MK37. Yes!

Got the replacement today. It works great. I love this light. Thanks Aaron!

Thanks for this summary. I was convinced the MK37 might be the perfect companion to an LEP while boating, but it sounds like I should keep looking, due to the spill.

Hard not to buy it anyway, because I LOVE sharp knurling.

Do you have beamshots of your modified MT07 anywhere? Sounds closer to what I’m looking for.

I’m a little confused about the UI on this one. It sounds like it ramps up and down … on paper anyhow.

Lets say you are ramping up in general mode Low > Mid1 > Mid2 > High, and you release at Mid1, so you are at Mid1.

If you want to go to Low, can you ramp down (Mid1 > Low) ? Or do you have to ramp up to high ( Mid1 > Mid2 > High) and then ramp all the way down to Low (High > Mid2 > Mid1 > Low)?

If You start ramping within a short enough amount of time (don’t know how much, probably about 1s) the ramp reverses. Works both ways

Edit: After looking more at the behavior I think You have to ramp to top of ramp (High) and then it reverses. On my previous try I just reached the top of ramp without knowing :smiley: