Manker U12 21700

Just to let anyone interested know, the Manker U12 now officially has been revised to support 21700 cells (and should come with a 4800mAh cell included as well)

Not aware when this revision has been into production since, but can't be long as even the hkequipment page had the old 20700 info and had to chat with them today and they've shortly after confirmed and updated it.

Also, on the AliExpress Maker Store page, even if they've got the updated information right, the light still can be found under the 20700 flashlights category while looking up lights by cell type. Dropped them a note as well about this after confirming with them that this is the 21700 compatible version.

Basically I've two confirmations from 2 different sellers/stores that this is indeed a 21700 Manker U12 that at least I wanted for a while now (really hated the fact that it was a 20700 fuel light only and no room for a 21700)

Manker U12 21700 (mankerlight)

Manker U12 21700 (hkequipment)

Manker U12 21700 (AliExpress)

Cheers!

Thanks for the update. I always hated that this light was 20700 as well, glad they updated it.

Yep, happy to finally have a reason to actually buy this light, as it now makes more sense.

Other than this, I would've also appreciated at least the option to have a SMO reflector, even if it has the "ugly" XHP50.2 for the emitter.

I like the relatively un-swollen mostly straight tube shape.

An AliExpress review claimed no thermal management and sounded like the guy burnt up his light. Is there any trustworthy documentation on this light and thermal management? I’m not ruling out a defective unit or a defective user, but I’m curious if the light has any internal mitigation for overtemp.

I think that the upcoming Astrolux EC01 will be a better option, similar form factor but I like the Anduril UI more than the Manker’s, and is brighter and more affordable

Good find :)

Cheers!