Match's Mods: Edi-T T11...To He(xm)LL and back

Congrats on the successful mod, Mintec! I'm glad it all worked out well.

Match, I absolutely LOVE what you've done with your EDI-T T11... well, before you changed it back, anyway.

I'd like to do something similar with mine but I don't know the PCB & star measurements, and I have NO idea where to find 1mm copper sheeting; I think I can find a metal slug, albeit something besides copper (probably steel).

Any advice you might be able to provide would be much appreciated.

Take care!

I want to say it was 16mm star, but it's been awhile. I actually just used a 12mm star and centered it. Your best bet for the copper sheeting might be a local craft store. Some sell it for gilding purposes.

Wow a DX-fan, your threshold for disappointment must be really high. ;-)

I have one of these and the switch doesn't click any more. Do you have any suggestions on how to open the butt-end of the torch?

It seems to be one piece of aluminium with the switch going in from the outside - so do I have to pull the rubber switch cover out? Or is there some kind of glue holding a thread together?

Okay to disassemble the switch you have to unscrew the black plastic ring which is around the tail switch. It doesn't look like it unscrews so you might need easing oil, and even drill a couple of small shallow pit-holes to get a grip on it. Thread is normal right hand threading.

My switch had come apart inside - its not hard to reassemble though once you get the rubber cap off.

If you do the cap ring up too tight then the switch won't click properly.

Welcome to the madness, Criggie!

Aloha and welcome to BLF Criggie!

hallo…ia have a question…this edt-t torch could be the smallest zooming slide system thing…but,i think,the tailcap is too long…it look like,its from any different torch…any idea,which tailcap could fit into this torch? any smaller…shorter…thanks a lot.