Match's Mods: Home made Deep Carry Pocket Clip

Very ingenious design, looks real good and sturdy :smiley:

Thanks for the comments guys!

I do, and this sort of thing would be right up your alley. Use an old hacksaw blade and cut the basic shape out with a dremel. Anneal it with a torch to allow bending to shape, then re-temper. Nice and springy, removable, and the price is right. I have a few old blades sitting in the "to do" box now. Thing is, this approach would be quite a bit more work intensive, but would allow for a removable clip.

Too many projects, too little time...

Thanks Match! Not sure how I missed this thread!

-Garry

Very well done Match! Thanks for sharing.I got some useful information from this article.

Love it. Glad this thread bubbled back up! :star:

How could I adapt this to fit my HD2011 or Convoy S2/S3? They lack the solid tailcap anchorpoint that helped this work in the tank light pictured above.

This is exactly what I was looking for to connect the dots on another of your perfect creationsā€¦the 1 cell AA MiniMag! I had been working on a MiniMag creation and was finding myself at odds with the electrical side of things, so I sent it off to Old-Lumens to Grizzlify it. I would also like to cut it down for a single 14500 cell and with this information I can see how.

Let me run this by ya and you tell me if it will/wonā€™t work, ok? I have some T6061 in 1ā€ round stock. I also have some copper bar material in 1/4ā€x1ā€ dimension. So, if I turn the Al to fit the end of the cut off MiniMag as a plug, inset a core of copper for the negative connection (just cause, well that and because the copper would allow me to solder a spring so the battery wouldnā€™t rattle and be more drop proof) and then use this clip as the retainer to hold the plug in placeā€¦no glue, no threads needed! Correct?

Now, I know thereā€™s a question on charging the cell. How about thisā€¦I have a CottonPickers USB charger with magnetic leads. So, the negative lead would attach to the clip, rotate the head off and attach the positve lead to the cell, while it stays in the tubeā€¦am I missing something? The SS rod is probably non-magnetic (my luck dictates it be so), if so that would be the kink in this plan but not necessarily a deal breaker. I could drill the T6061 end plug right through the copper inset, thread it, run a magnet attracting ss bolt in to tie the assembly together then cut it off fore and aft, smooth it, polish it, Iā€™d have my magnetic rear connection and everything should be fine!

Yeah? (Couldnā€™t sleep after I found this thread and all this came to me between 1 and 4 in the morning)

Thanks for your help, great work you do! Canā€™t wait to try it out myself :slight_smile:

Hi, Match. Youā€™re not going to believe this, but I joined this forum just to ask you some questions! I am a pen maker (though my hatā€™s off to other strange people with different strange hobbies), and this hacksaw idea has kept me awake all night. I am trying to make my own pen clips for my fountain pens. I make everything but the nib and reservoirā€¦and pocket clip. I want to change that. Can you give me a little guidance?

How hot to anneal? (Then slow cool in sand?) How hot to re-temper? (And quick cool in oil or water?) Just general color when heating - blue, amber, red? Any help you can offer would be appreciated. In the mean time, I am headed to my shop to start ruining hacksaw blades! Please feel free to email me directly. Your members here are clearly into flashlights, not pens. Enjoy the work you all do, folks. Lifeā€™s too short to sit and watch.

Thanks again.
-Greg

I would love to have those infos as well ! Just share it here so everyone can learn :slight_smile:
Donā€™t write your e-mail address publicly, youā€™ll have some spam in a minuteā€¦ Maybe write a MP to Match ?
EDIT : BTW, Match has not been seen since a good year alreadyā€¦ so maybe an MP will be more efficient ! (heā€™ll got an e-mail alert of it)

Thanks for the email reminder!

No word from Match?