Match's Mods: Streamlight Scorpion Mod - Will it Host?

Hahaha…thanks for the warm welcome, raccoon city! :smiley:

Match’s Scorpion mod prompted me to finish mine that I started last year and then set it aside to play with other projects.

My mods to the head are the nearly the same as Match’s except that I threaded the head and made my own screw in bezel and used a UCL glass lens. The knurling on the bezel is pretty lame (too late at night), but it works.

It is now hosting an R2 dropin that I had and it is now the best thrower that I have. That may change in the future as it will be an easy swap.

Allen,

That looks outstanding! Very nice work. I'm actually going back and re-doing mine by cutting it down to 1x123A size - never did like 17670's or 2 primaries. Using a solarforce .8-4.2vdc xpg drop-in (with xpg2 emitter), It'll allow me to use it on either 1 primary or 16340.

btw, the knurling looks fine. Some of my attempts are downright frightening.

-Match

Match, thanks for the compliment. The R2 that is in it now is a single mode buck driver on two primaries. I would like to have a couple of lower modes, but so far I have not seen a buck driver that I like. I may try your cut down idea and I have an xpg with a three mode .8-4.2 driver residing, for now, in the short half of an L2m.

Allan

Here’s mine…
Using 29mm circlip as a lens retainer… :slight_smile:

Match, I see you call for a 17670 in this mod. Other mods I’ve seen for the Scorpion, like HERE

call for a 16650. Is yours the larger size bore? I’m guessing no, given its age… Also, how critical is the length? Would a 65mm battery work with your mod?

Thanks!

No1UKnow