Match's Mods: The 4M (must see!)

Wow. Every post of yours I wish I had the skills and know-how. Here’s a well deserved tip of the hat to you.

That’s just amazing! I have a question about the MT-G2 emitter - is this a natural flooder, or a candidate for best thrower? I realise the beamshots for this light are floody because of the MM reflector, but in general, would it be a good thrower?

(Or, in other words, if it is, come on Match, let’s see a killer thrower) :bigsmile:

Wow that is incredibly bright! I can’t wait for MTG LEDS to be in retail lights.

1820 lumens from a Mag!!! That’s fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

That is beyond incredible. The tint is absolutely perfect. I can’t figure out if I’m more impressed with the output or how awesome it looks straight on. This setup is pulling 3A total at the tailcap? Or 3A each cell in series?

Wow, I never even heard of the MT-G until just now. When did that come out? Is that gonna be the new hotness for flashlights? Hows it compare to the XM-L (or XM-L2)?

It looks like its 12 small emitters crammed together. Whats the story?

http://www.cree.com/led-components-and-modules/products/xlamp/arrays-directional/xlamp-mtg2-easywhite

Match, you're too cool for school!

Very nice.

Can I have it? :wink:

wow - thats great! if i had the skill i would do this to my own mini mag for sure

Dito! >)

Thanks, but I'm afraid y'all wouldn't like the price Tongue Out

match, did you happen to measure the ID of the hole in the reflector? I imagine I could get a very close idea from the data sheet, but thought I’d ask anyway.

The great thing about this: It’s awesome. Period.

The bad thing about this: I’m too lazy to make one.

What is the price?

yeah Match, what’s the price? Could we also get a measure of the runtime?

Thats the brightest Mag i’ve ever seen !
what happens when you cram 3 of these emitters in a skyray King…
Will we get close to 6000 LM ?

Theoretical runtime in high(~2.6a tailcap) would be 13.8min on 600mah IMR 14500's. So, probably closer to 10min or so...

As for price? Hell, I don't know... Building a one-off is exciting, two is tedious, and more than that is a downright bore...

If you'd really like this one, shoot me a pm and talk me out of it....

Amazing beamshots, everything and stuff!

Thanks for the great work and results!