Mateminco X6S, Factory Triple

Very sorry about the confusion. Everything seems to be in standard order for the Original Bistro Driver.

Hmm, that’s strange, the boxes I got only indicate 1A, 3B and Nichia 219C… Didn’t realize there would be a 3A and a 3B model. Will have to ask Neal if there indeed is a separate X6S “3A” and X6S “3B” model…

Banggood lists this driver for $8.99 as of a few seconds ago, but they list the mode groups like this…

d_t_a, mine has the sticker on the top right hand bottom corner of the box, not the end, and only has listed XP-L HI or Nichia 219C. Beside the XP-L HI is hand written 3A. Mine is probably from a prototype batch.

Same driver is on sale on AliExpress, a little bit cheaper too! https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20181113070018&SearchText=astrolux+x5+driver

And the BLF A6 is also on sale there: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20181113065951&SearchText=blf+a6+driver

Looks like the standard astrolux driver for x5/x6 with the capacitor mod. as demonstrated by our fellow BLF member Djozz over here.

M4dm4x has a code for it which gives 2$ discount

Nope, not that mod… just a second cap on top of the C1 (10 Ohm).

On alibaba, Mateminco is : Dongguan Tongming Lighting Technology Co., Limited
>> Contact information <<

Bistro UI is mentionned in the X6S “detailed images”. There is also the bistro cheat sheet.

Maukka says in his WTS thread:

So, his sphere is possibly a good bit smaller than that of the “Big Name” manufacturers. But, I’d trust his calibration lights to at least be the most accurate method of calibrating that we at BLF could get for less than $100. But, I’m sure your way is great too. Just a lot more expensive, a lot more time consuming, and a tiny bit more accurate. :partying_face:

Amazon claims to offer a way to contact Mateminco:

https://www.amazon.com/sp?seller=A3NDCGQ04O865F

Got the light today, oh boy…

For a pretty long time - this is a Good One!
Most of the things I need or prefer are done “just right”.

Big thanks for pics + review, I would say this is a great little thing considering the pricepoint :+1:

Yes, very nice. I really appreciate my 219C one even if it is a bit on the yellow-slighlty-greenish side. Mateminco should add luminus SST-20 4000K (FA1 or FA4) to their line of products.

I got mine. It came a bit dusty. Beside that it looks very nice. Ordered NW, but received the one with 1A on the box. Compared it with XPLHI V2 3A from intl-outdoor. Maybe, just maybe, they’re a bit cooler. But they are for sure a lot under BBL. Makes E21A 5000K looks green warmer. Only 219b sw45 are more rosy than leds installed in X6S.

Regarding the driver. It pulls ~10.5A from vtc6. Lighted tailcap is installed, although it is very dim. There must be some capacitor related issue. No mater how long the flashlight is turned off, it is interpreted as middle click. On the next turn on it switches to previous mode. The same behavior can be observed without tailcap, just with shorted battery to the tube. I tried to disable middle click in configuration. As a result, the flashlight interpreted each click as mode advance.

Edit: for cold flashlight border between middle click and full click is around 11 seconds. For hot flashlight it’s hard to make a short click, because it’s interpreted as middle.

I like the short bezel.
Silly choice of optics though…

Hey DB,
Any chance the Ledil Cute3 fits in the shorter head? Or even match the legs to the original MCPCB?
Kinda doubt the XP32 will fit down in there…

The Cute3 is too tall for this light. By about 5 mm.

I’ve sanded them down but think that’s too much :slight_smile:
Thanks

You can smuggle 2mm by leaving out the lens, but then stil…

Well, I suppose you could cut a ridge around the thick portion so that part of the CUTE-3 protrudes through the opening in the bezel, in this way you might could use a CUTE-3 in this shorter head.

I haven’t looked at it it that respect but will check it out.

While the placement of the emitters seems to be in the same place, the legs are in different locations… a wider diameter pattern for the CUTE-3 will prevent it from fitting the X6s board unless the holes are extended on that board. But the CUTE-3 is much taller and more robust.

Maybe too much height difference unless you’re willing to make radical changes to the host as well as the optic…