Maxtoch M24s

For a camp light or walking personally I'd be looking at a light with an MTG-2 led. The Y3 in 3 cell version with an emitter swap would be my call. What part of Australia do you come from?

Hi Mrs,

Im in Melbourne in the South East. What about you? Why do u suggest the MTG-2? Do you have the Y3 with this setup?

Received a new M24 in the post yesterday - very nicely made light. My older M24 read 83k lux on meter (factory claim 82-84k lux), but this one has a little more current running and produced an impressive 97.9k lux.

Recently we’ve been putting U3s in them and dedoming them for hunting. We’ll do it over the weekend but I would expect this one with its present U2 dedomed to be about 210k lux which is about 916 meters ANSI.

The addition of U3s has been increasing output on average 12-18%, so this 210k M24 when fitted with a dedomed U3 will pop up to about 240-250k - which is great for hunting. By comparison the Maxtoch 2Xs we’ve added dedomed U3s to are reading in the range 290-300k lux now.

They don’t really need dedoming and U3s as the new M24s or 2Xs etc are all 600 meters plus standard.

Hey mudgripz, seen u posting in quite a few forums on these lights you must be a big fan of them. They seem really nice. I am not planning to use it for hunting. Do you think the spill is good for more leisurely activities? Ive seen some beam shots of TN31 Olight mx2, and they seem too narrow for my purposes. Want something with awesome throw and decently wide spill. Do you think the 2x stock will be good? any other suggestions for my purposes?

This is great info people. Puts me a few steps closer to getting one. I’m impressed with what I’ve seen so far. Especially for the money.
Nice. I have an X9, waiting on my MT-G2 from IOS. Getting ready to do the zener mod to it and pop that 6V monster in there. :bigsmile:
This unit looks far better in quality though compared to my X9.

Yes good for general purpose outdoors - good hotspot but with plenty of spill. The new one I just got has Hi, Med and Lo, with a twist strobe if needed.

We (some NZ hunters) designed them with Maxtoch primarily as hunting lights but either the M24 or 2X with their XML leds will also happily do the all-rounder job. I do agree with a comment above - if you’re not after very long distance beam then leave them standard. They will still light up stuff hundreds of meters away.

And use best batts for optimum runtime - panasonic 3100s/3400s etc.

yes i read that you guys help develop them over in the new zealand forum. They look brilliant but wonder about the spill. Do you have experience with thrunite tn31 or tn32 or olight sr95, they all seem to not enough spill for me based on the beam shots i have seen. Do you know or have any comparison outdoor shots between the maxtochs and some other lights?

Unfortunately M2x Lavelot can be easy found for exacly the same money as M24, which makes the last a bit obsolete- its heavier , longer, and dont have RPP: when dedomed can be as good as the M2X but yet its heavier, whitch can be crusial for a hunting rifle under 4kg of weight

The effective shooting range is like 400m( with 9x optics), at 600m youll see only “eyes”, if its foggy or misty the range drops dramaticly especialy on non dedomed emitters

I’m using a 15 pound 300 win mag for shooting hogs and I’m buying a 338 Lapua. All I need is the outline of the body.

Where have you seen a $65-70 M2X Javelot for sale?

Both Bangggod and GB has it in their “super special” hidden promo list- for BG i suggest you to contact M4D( the austrian guy), last time i saw BG price was 69.90, GB is 68, i bought yet another M2X several days ago, they even updated the led with XLP lately- GB offer is better cause they ship way faster

Dont get me wrong, if you look at the Maxtouch M24 Aliexpress rating youll see i bought 5 of those already, its good flashlight- good especialy when modded

I’ll have to order the GB one. Thanks for the deal.

Np, i am glad i helped you somehow- thanks for that GB again m8

XLP version draws a bit more from the tail( 3.15amps) and has 5k mcd more( but it could be a measuring mistake)

An aditional tip for you: when fed with 2x18350 batteries its 8-10% more productive( compared with a single 18650), and its a very good option when the FL is mounted: on-shoot-off mode :beer:

Maxtoch focus is sub $100 price range. You will get torches on special from time to time but normal everyday price for Javelot is $109 –119, compared with maxtoch M24s everyday price of $68.

The earlier M24s dedomed (about 5-10 min) read 170-180k lux. We will dedome this latest one over weekend and I expect round 210k lux. The dedomed Javelot’s reading was 161 - someone else’s test.

For even higher performance the Maxtoch 2X is priced at just $75 everyday price, dedomed is 253k lux (two recent examples tested), and when we swapped in dedomed U3s in these two they jumped to 291k and 298k lux - huge performance.

Hardly obsolete!!

If you ask Amanda I beiieve she has some single cell M24S lights. Maxtoch also looking at bringing out dedomed versions.

I havent seen in they list a single cell M24 based lights, M12 is a single cell one, but its a 26650 FL

Actualy if they releace the M24 host will be great, especialy 1 cell variant

I would also be interesting to know if the sell a single cell tube for the M24 or 2X

Email amanda at amanda@maxtoch.cn