Maybe explanation for not-so-great current output on some EAST-092 drivers?

Hi,

I can’t remember if it’s a Vishay, but it was the one some of us bought from Ebay during one of the older threads about when FT brought back “an” EAST-092/-092B:

Re. your last question, good timing :). I was just curious, about that, and had measured it a few minutes ago, and got 6.68 amps (triple XP-G2 on Noctigon). This was with only limited optimizing of the cables (it’s a mess, sorry).

Edit: That was with a –20R battery.

Hmm, that’s a lot of thread to fish through. Instead I glanced at the current pics on FT: they show the ON Semi logo. Maybe this FET? I’m not really confident, just a guess.

Anyway doing a ton of additional work here may be a moot point: once you have some AOD510 or Vishay 70N02 or IRFR3711ZTR (or whatever RMM is sending) in hand it’ll be easy to see whether the FET is the hangup. (Which it certainly is :wink: :-p)

LOL :slight_smile: you don’t speed read?

Yes, we shall see…

Ahh. Hopefully the link’ll still work, but I found the item in my Ebay watch list:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251144695278?\_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

5 PCS NTD70N03 TO-252 T70N03 70N03 ON N-Channel Enhancement Mode MOSFE

Yes, I can see the page. The FET does look similar to what FT shows in their current pic. It’s definitely ON Semi. (It’s still quite possible that I’ve linked to the wrong datasheet though.)

I think that this is the part of that older thread where that Ebay item was referenced (by moderator007):

My glance at the datasheet didn’t make them look that bad, but as comfychair pointed out we aren’t exactly using them in their intended role either. (EDIT: ohaya is referencing post #108 in that thread)